Very Early Chuchill III

Hi all

This is my latest for your approval.....or disapproval :winkgrin:. I have been looking at a photo in a book of a very early Churchill III for some time thinking that would not be to hard to do so I've had a go. The very early Churchill III's were as I understand Churchill II with the welded 6pdr turret fitted. Using AFV Club Churchill III (Dieppe raid) back dating the hull was achieved by fitting early air intake covers from Resicast and cutting the track guards from plastic card I also filled the turret stowage box to square it off. I painted the kit with an gray car primer then mixed the paint using Tamiya acrylics and weathered. The marking are from a company in the U.S and the spares box I would like to thank Centaur and Ezio for there help when I got my self very lost and confused over the markings. Anyway have a look and feel free to comment.SDC10299_zpsf3ae15c9.jpgSDC10301_zpsa646d0d2.jpgSDC10302_zps83d7fe6b.jpgSDC10306_zpsff4a029a.jpgSDC10332_zpsdf4cae89.jpgSDC10333_zpsf41f4292.jpgSDC10331_zps38b4679c.jpgSDC10325_zpsad5e52ec.jpgSDC10326_zps294879e7.jpgSDC10321_zps41e2e832.jpgSDC10318_zpsdc65c3a5.jpgChurchill_Mk-III-early_zpsee0effa3.jpg Thanks for looking

Jim

• Like 12

Thanks chaps

Really like that. I wish AFV Club wpuld get a spurt on and release a MkI and MkII

Regards

Steve

Steve

inside the armour do a conversions for both but MKI is around £95 I went for the MKI reworked / MKII for around £50 plus the cost of the AFV kit so very costly. But a bucket list kit completed

Jim

Edited by jimbob1974

Nice work, cracking model!

You've done a great job, looks like a labour of love.

Interesting picture. Calling a Churchill "Sprinter" certainly takes a leap of imagination!

Pete

thanks chaps.

pete whats really worrying is it Sprinter IV so even after the first 3 they still haven't worked it out :banghead:

• Like 1

Calling a Churchill "Sprinter" certainly takes a leap of imagination!

Pete

Haha. Like the names on holiday caravans that reduce traffic to a crawl - 'Vitesse', 'Rapide', 'Quicksilver' and so forth...

Lovely model Jim.

• Like 2

Haha. Like the names on holiday caravans that reduce traffic to a crawl - 'Vitesse', 'Rapide', 'Quicksilver' and so forth...

Lovely model Jim.

Instead of mobi-shed, wheeled-lav or wobble-tow.

Lovely Churchill, really got to love those tracks.

Dave

Edited by fingers
  • Like 2

Great build, your weathering is subtle but spot on. The lovely detailwork comes really out.

Whats your opinion about the AFV Churchill? Was able to have a look in the box, the running gear looks rather complicated.

Well done :-)

• Like 1

Hi Berndm

thanks for your comment. that is Churchill No7 for me. 5 of them are the AFV kits, the running gear is a bit complicated but if you take your time its not to bad. and the hole thing is better than the Tamya kit with more options for the lay of the track covers and gives an all round better kit.

• Like 1

Hi Berndm

thanks for your comment. that is Churchill No7 for me. 5 of them are the AFV kits, the running gear is a bit complicated but if you take your time its not to bad. and the hole thing is better than the Tamya kit with more options for the lay of the track covers and gives an all round better kit.

Thanks for that information, Jimbob. It seems that AVF kits are a bit underestimated. Will go with this kit. The Churchill was a big and interesting looking tank, time to add it to my collection.