1/72 - English Electric Cork Mk.III resin kit by LukGraph - released

Homebee

• 1 month later...

That looks very nice! Now if they'd only come out with some of the big stuff - Blackburn Iris and Perth, Short Rangoon, Short Singapore, Supermarine Southampton, now you're talking!

Regards,

Jason

• 4 weeks later...

That looks very nice! Now if they'd only come out with some of the big stuff - Blackburn Iris and Perth, Short Rangoon, Short Singapore, Supermarine Southampton, now you're talking!

Regards,

Jason

Silver Wings made a great Southampton kit. In fact, two kits, Mk.I with wooden hull and the metal hull Mk.II.

http://www.hyperscale.com/2010/reviews/kits/silverwings72002reviewmd_1.htm

The others you mention are too big to be made in resin, they would be extremely expensive!

Sanger is improving some old Contrail molds. The Perth for example is very good, specially if you compare it with the older offering.

I am really interested in the Cork kit and the completed model looks fantastic. The parts in the kits are shown on the website and look good. I can claim a tenous link to the Cork (which is why i am interested in the kit) as it was originally designed and built by Phoenix Dynamo in Bradford. One of their main subcontacters was Christopher Pratt and Sons who were a furniture manufacturer. My wifes mother was called Pratt as she was a granddaughter of the 'and Son' and the firm stayed in the families hands until about 1992.