Revell Boeing 737-800 [Completed]

POTKC

I'm not sure how I can do that now without destroying all the paintwork, so I might just not. The seam line at the side of the bump is where the grey of the wing connect to the white of the fuselage, so maybe it will be hidden by the contrast, but I don't know. I'll take a look at it tomorrow.

Yeah, just enjoy building the thing, I would leave it too. some people enjoy correcting every detail, others just build out the box, most fall somewhere in between. It doesn't matter, it's your model! As you do more you will discover the joys of filling, sanding, filling, sanding, filling.........and the re scribing ( then more filling , sanding...)

everyone has their own favourite filler, mine is 3M red glazing putty, hardly shrinks and can be polished up as shiny as plastic.

• 1 year later...

It has been over a year. Because of health-related and other personal reasons as well as a slight dabbling in a different hobby (read: "I got myself nine typewriters"), not much progress has been made. However, I have now painted most of the gear parts, touched up the white paint on the fuselage, painted the red belly/tail, completed all painting of the engines, and applied four stripe decals to the engines, which marks the beginning of the decaling stage of this particular 737. I'm planning to pick up the pace quite a bit as I have (possibly not very wisely) signed myself up for the Airliners III group build and need all the practice I can get before that comes along. Below is a shot of the engines as they are right now...I think they look quite nice!

t0EMOZa.jpg

Good sense of humour with your little somg

Glad to see you getting back into it,

and remember there are Walkaround photos right here on BM of a -700 same thing except the fueselage

length in modelling terms, will give you a very clear picture of the wing root area

• Like 1

Good sense of humour with your little somg

Glad to see you getting back into it,

and remember there are Walkaround photos right here on BM of a -700 same thing except the fueselage

length in modelling terms, will give you a very clear picture of the wing root area

The song? Wow...I forgot I wrote that thing, it was so long ago! And thank you, I'll take a look at the walkaround.

• 1 month later...

I've managed to finish the 737. The large silvery leading edge decals (or rather the first one I tried to put on) self-destructed, so I did some partial masking and then hand-painted the needed metallic areas. I also managed to put on the window decals on the wrong sides of the aircraft and had to do some adjustments of window count and spacing. Some of the decals (especially long thin rectangles such as the thin red cheatline) refused to stick, so I used diluted PVA, which worked quite well. Overall, I think it came out quite well for my first (proper) model. The plane is currently at the annual free-for-all exhibition/competition in my local (massive) model store, I'll take some proper photos and post in RFI when I get it back next week. In the meantime, here's a photo I took right after completing it:

ZldgwMd.jpg

• Like 3