Nitto Boeing 747-100 Pan Am 1/100

Thanks for the info Alex.

I might do a test with some of the spare 26decals that i will end up with and the Tamiya clear spray. Another way might be to airbrush some tamiya XF clear over the declas after fitting them, but making sure not to airbrush outside of the decal much, if at all, then use the Tamiya clear spray cans for the final coat.

But maybe i'm just stuck in a rut with Tamiya sprays and should give the Revell clear spray a try....i'll have a think about it and maybe do some testing.

I would like to make new antennas that can be removed if possible. If they were made very long, they could slot in aftwards or a plastic block could be fitted to the inside for them to fit into. I like to think about things that might get broken at some point and also cleaning/dusting. I sometimes use magnets to attach parts like engines and so on for easy cleaning too.

Cheers,

Keith.

• Like 1

Hello,Alex1978 - My compliments to you on a beautiful looking build of your '747'.I love the quality and detail of the paint and finishing work together with your chosen scheme.She is a resplendent tribute to this majestic aircraft. All the best,Paul.

• Like 1

Thanks for the info Alex.

I might do a test with some of the spare 26decals that i will end up with and the Tamiya clear spray. Another way might be to airbrush some tamiya XF clear over the declas after fitting them, but making sure not to airbrush outside of the decal much, if at all, then use the Tamiya clear spray cans for the final coat.

But maybe i'm just stuck in a rut with Tamiya sprays and should give the Revell clear spray a try....i'll have a think about it and maybe do some testing.

I would like to make new antennas that can be removed if possible. If they were made very long, they could slot in aftwards or a plastic block could be fitted to the inside for them to fit into. I like to think about things that might get broken at some point and also cleaning/dusting. I sometimes use magnets to attach parts like engines and so on for easy cleaning too.

Cheers,

Keith.

These are some interesting ideas with the antennas and engine mounting options you have. :speak_cool:

Lovely build,i can't make out the reg properly is it N747PA "Clipper America",i'd love one of those beauties in my Pan Am fleet...

Thank you.

Yes,it is N747PA "Clipper America"

These are some interesting ideas with the antennas and engine mounting options you have. :speak_cool:

I use magnets a lot in any type of model:

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/threads/1-48-b-29-superfortress.6556/

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=94307

You can buy almost any size and shape magnet, so you can use them anywhere. Maybe even have a gear up / gear down option with a bit of work.

Keith.

• Like 2

Thanks,any chance of you building her again as Clipper Juan T. Trippe with Billboard titles...

Who knows...I have still about 15-20 747 kits in different scales in my stash...another Nitto 1/100 as well.

I am currently working on 4 747s.

2 Revell 747-100 (Prototype C/S,Air Portugal old C/S) and 2 Hasegawa 747s (Swissair 747-300 and British Caledonian 747-200)

That is just one fantastic finish. I do miss PanAm. A lot of white paint got used there, I bet.

I like the mounting as well (I admit though at first I thought it didn't work, but realised it really adds something to it).

Great job.

• Like 1