MGB658 Scratch built

Hoping for more progress tomorrow....

Paul you must have friends in high low places here is a teaser for the next potential project which I'm doing research on and it will probably include two heads of the toilet variety

P1030531%20Copy_zpsylw1p1kk.jpg

No prizes but who is going to guess what this is the hull of

Kev

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, lets see, not much to go on, a big empty box with the hull of an MTB cowering in the center and two feet, (estimate size 43) trying to work their way into the photo.

Going by a Vosper-like hull hiding in a near empty box I would guess it's the Italeri Vosper with no Oerlikon and the dustbin turret behind the bridge :bobby::coolio:

Just finished that MTB as the picture you sent me Kev showing her on builders trials. Hands preclude me from modelling any more until I have cortisone injections in both wrists(carpel tunnel syndrome) Still it gives me time to work out where to put a shelf for it. Pictures will have to wait as one of my cars needs two rear tyres at £190 each! so the camera is dropped down the list.

BTW when you make the heads will the toilet paper be on a roll with perforations or the sheet type in a little box? :winkgrin:

A pair of smart ars*s eh!! :fight: :fight:

Both with insider info

You've missed the clue though Two Bogs????

Would you believe it's going to be an MTB as in Motor Turning Bog??

Kev

Might scratch build Buttercup into a camper and add one of those portable "Thunderboxes", I think they call them Portapotties :winkgrin: Could change the name from Buttercup to "Squeals on wheels" :coolio:

• Like 1

Paul,

That's good to hear. Hope you get your jabs sorted soon so you can get back to some proper work :winkgrin:

As to toilet roll I was thinking non-skid for officers and skid for the erks

Julian

It would certainly add to the scene as long as we don't have to put up with Hans using it..............

and please no skid marks down the side :fight::bobby:

Kev

• Like 1

Julian

It would certainly add to the scene as long as we don't have to put up with Hans using it..............

and please no skid marks down the side :fight::bobby:

Kev

Thats a great idea for a diorama: "The Bastogne skid-mark bandit strikes again" :yikes::shit::yahoo::thumbsup:

• Like 1

Made some god progress on the base today.

Wall was skimmed with Thistle Bonding Coat which had I had kicking around. It had gone off and set solid in about 10 mins, ideal! This is really quite soft and allowed the scoring of the stones. A stiff brush brought a nice texture. I then pre shaded in various colours.

P1030533%20Copy_zps9bwmbrg5.jpg

P1030534%20Copy_zpsrz5opxwg.jpg

P1030536%20Copy_zpsyqdiszc9.jpg

Then set about the wall with at least 10 different colours / shades. These being dry brushed, dabbed and daubed and splotched.

Result

P1030537%20Copy_zpsgg1ydyzj.jpg

P1030538%20Copy_zps5943dycd.jpg

P1030540%20Copy_zpsbq40bows.jpg

P1030541%20Copy_zpsqwa5h0ns.jpg

I reckon I'm pleased with the results. Timbers to be added to face. Bollards to be made and added. Ground work behind wall will be left until I have some window dressing.

Then the water...........

Thanks for looking in

Kev

• Like 8

Thanks for the kind comments guys

" Stator of the Blessed Obviance " Love it !!

Keith Of course but only up to 1/35th

Thought I'd give you a glimpse of my finest brushes and some of the colours used above

P1030542%20Copy_zps4bbkyewp.jpg

Kev

• Like 2

Have been away for a few weeks and am gratified to see that you have been using your time constructively. Well done that man!

Martin

Welcome back Martin or were you thrown out of Scotland for mischief making?

Small updates with touches to the quayside, namely wood bulks, bollards and a tiny bit of greenery

P1030543%20Copy_zpsqpav3a8r.jpg

P1030544%20Copy_zpsa5iwjasd.jpg

P1030545%20Copy_zpstwlqlsdr.jpg

P1030546%20Copy_zpsoztw4sfi.jpg

Thanks for looking in....

Kev

• Like 8

A good step forward in my eyes.............

Seascape painted. Multiple shades of green, blue grey etc. Covered with artist acrylic paste for texture, which dries transparent et voila ! A nice bright sunny day in the Med, well to my eyes....

Still need to blend in the boat and dinghy when I'm ready to fix them. Probably be some light washes and a bit of white on disturbed water at that point.

P1030547%20Copy_zpsyspqk5j2.jpg

P1030549%20Copy_zpshzudgj53.jpg

P1030554%20Copy_zpsdu9qosgt.jpg

Started gathering together some window dressing for the quayside.

Bow is showing a captured Kubelwagon by Academy, stern a Bedford 'Tilly' from Airfix. An assortment of oil drums, jerry cans (German& US) plus British flimsys all by Millicast.

P1030551%20Copy_zpsct1qxn1n.jpg

P1030552%20Copy_zpsfgcbcaoi.jpg

P1030553%20Copy_zpskyao4xrm.jpg

Thanks for looking in

Kev

• Like 8