MGB658 Scratch built

Frank If I had to guess I reckon just over halfway. Any news on the Victory?

Well I was shooting my gob off to Beefy the other day (nothing new there then, before anyone else says it ) about reproducing wood.

Here is my effort on the twin 20mm platform

P1030479%20Copy_zpsvtb4c0aw.jpg

P1030480%20Copy_zpsbjqyubvr.jpg

P1030485%20Copy_zpswdf63qot.jpg

P1030486%20Copy_zpsyfncnzwt.jpg

P1030487%20Copy_zpssbfo6ruv.jpg

Any thoughts?

Started roughing out the base, I'm hoping to do some thing along the lines of the opening pic...............

P1030481%20Copy_zpsoi9zt9ge.jpg

P1030482%20Copy_zpskz2frptt.jpg

P1030483%20Copy_zpstycrchxe.jpg

P1030484%20Copy_zps7bqzfusa.jpg

A question for you. Anyone got any thoughts/ideas/suggestions of 1/72 figures that could be modified for use as WWII sailors. Don't need helmets as the diorama will be 'At Rest'. I do however need a source of separate helmets as they were hung around the gun positions.

Your thoughts would be appreciated

Thanks for looking in

Kev

Oooh!............................Teak deck hey? must be doing well :winkgrin: Looks great :thumbsup:

Well as a man of your talents could you not find a figure with a helmet cut it off and make some casts from it. I am sure you could hollow them out if needed. This sort of idea or just cut the helmets of a pack or two of these.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=1/72+british+soldier+figures&rlz=1C1GIGM_enGB640GB640&espv=2&biw=1264&bih=901&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj4nPq8h8vNAhWCrRoKHeHEBAMQ7AkIZw&dpr=1#imgrc=9wmv34N2YlS49M%3A

• Like 2

Thanks for the advise with the wooden decking Kev yours is looking real sweet will have to have a bit practice on some scrap for mine :thumbsup:

Beefy

• Like 1

Inspiring stuff - as usual. The Ready lockers look superb as does the Wood platform.

CMK do some U-boat figures in 1/72 in relaxed poses wt overalls and without hats? Though they are slightly on the small side.

Rob

• Like 1

06/24 Good call I have already used some of Al Gunthwaite figures on the Vosper and will use some on this build. Good quality but tend to be 'rigid' poses.

Rob Perfect exactly the sort of relaxed poses I was looking for, thanks

Hendie you are of course right casting is the way forward, I just keep finding excuses not to try. Will be good for helmets and caps.

Kev

• Like 1

Squeezed some modelling time today and managed to put together the wind deflectors

P1030488%20Copy_zpsfmiurozf.jpg

P1030494%20Copy_zps55uguadn.jpg

P1030495%20Copy_zpssqv6y3eb.jpg

P1030496%20Copy_zpsndvikwxi.jpg

Couldn't have done it without my Chopper. Note as it comes out of the box it's not going to cut small stuff accurately, need to make a cutting bench as seen in pics

P1030491%20Copy_zpsjs3i2tuw.jpg

P1030493%20Copy_zpswoseuz8v.jpg

'L' shape piece of plastic to hold work and for the blade to cut against. The stops 'arrowed' are to maintain cut length and to keep the plastic strip in place. These are tacked in place with super glue and can be broken of ready for next job. Hope this all makes sense..........

Thanks for stopping by

Kev

• Like 6

Kev

I've been away for my jollies, I come back to find I'm accused of being too "rigid"! :winkgrin:

New Gunthwaite figures should be available in around 3 months, including sailors "at rest" (ie not "rigid")

As for alternative's I expect that your aware of Dan Taylor's figures. They're 1/76, but as was pointed out to me by the sorely missed John Lambert, the Royal Navy was manned by chaps too small in height for the other services. I also think the Bachmann Stonecraft factory workers (and foreman) set would lend themselves to converting.

Anyway, on other matters, I'm really enjoying watching the build: great skills!

Al

• Like 2

Dan I'm glad you approve of the wood, I've realised that I've over exposed the pics so in reality they are a little less washed out.

Fraser I'll just be glad when someone switches on the light in the tunnel.

Al I hope you managed to stay rigid on your jollies, hope it was some where the sun shone.

I look forward to your 'floppy' sailors..........

Glad you reminded me of Dan Taylors figures.

Between yourself, Dan & CMK are I reckon I can put together what I need to dress my MGB.

Thanks everyone for your input

Kev

• Like 1

Cheers Guys

Paul I do apologise for the delay, the base has been causing problems............

Perfect for a diorama for bananas but .... :banghead:

New improved straight version

P1030529%20Copy_zpsb3xbo2zn.jpg

P1030530%20Copy_zpsclo7gfpv.jpg

Hoping for more progress tomorrow....

Paul you must have friends in high low places here is a teaser for the next potential project which I'm doing research on and it will probably include two heads of the toilet variety

P1030531%20Copy_zpsylw1p1kk.jpg

No prizes but who is going to guess what this is the hull of

Kev

• Like 2