AS186 compressor gauge stuck

Bobbster

My ebay acquired AS186 appoears to work fine regulator adjusts pressure etc but gauge does not appear to function correctly.

With no air in the system the gauge always indicate 30 psi, in use pressure build up no problem to 57psi and then shuts off as it should

So in essence when the gauge should show zero it actually reads 30 psi with the whole system discharged.

Am I missing something obvious or do I have a malfunctioning gauge or pressure switch?

If you know it's got no air in it but it stays at 30 but then when on it goes up to the top end of the pressure and shuts off then there's something making it not go down past it 30, honestly if it was me i wouldn't worry about it but if you can try and jiggle it about to see if it clears

Shaun

• Like 1

If you know it's got no air in it but it stays at 30 but then when on it goes up to the top end of the pressure and shuts off then there's something making it not go down past it 30, honestly if it was me i wouldn't worry about it but if you can try and jiggle it about to see if it clears

Shaun

Tanks Shaun, yes decided just to use it, seems to only be a gauge malfunction at the bottom end of the scale, so bit of practice with it and I will crack on with the model spraying

try tapping the gauge then test it again. you know there is something wrong so deal with it as you will and have.

sometimes its just a stuck needle, tap the faceplate with your finger hard. unscrew the gauge and take it to any good industrial plumbers mercant in your area for a replacment pressure gauge.

unfortunatley how do you test this stuff? replace in my opinion.

Edited by Quartz

• 3 weeks later...

Is the face of the gauge perfectly circular? I bought one of these and had a similar problem, the gauge was bent up (Probably a knock in transit so the bottom of the gauge face was distorted causing the needle to be unable to go to zero. I gently pushed down on the top of the gauge and voila needle went down to zero. Not the sturdiest gauge body ever made but otherwise a great wee compressor.