1/72 Eduard Bf110D-0/B, 1./EprGr.210, Denain/Boulogne-Ost, September 1940

Bf110D-0/B S9+HH of 1./EprGr.210, Denain/Boulogne-Ost, September 1940

I've just finished this, the Eduard 1/72 Bf110C/D Profipack Edition built for the Bf110 STGB, build thread is here

DSCN1910.jpg

DSCN1913.jpg

DSCN1918.jpg

DSCN1920.jpg

DSCN1924.jpg

DSCN1929.jpg

This model represents the aircraft flown by Leutnant Ulrich Freiherr von der Horst and his gunner Obergefreiter Franz Öllers, which was destroyed on 24 September 1940 following the gruppe's second raid of the day on the Supermarine factory at Woolston. The aircraft crashed in the channel off Southampton and Ltn. von der Horst and Gfr. Öllers were both killed. Here is a picture of the real S9+HH

The kit was built more or less OOB, but with the kit exhausts replaced by the Quickboost ones and the decals are from the Authentic Decals Bf110D set. The aerial wire is made from EZ Line. The Eduard kit is beautiful, a real pleasure to build; nicely complex without being difficult and superbly engineered from start to finish and produces a very good result for very little effort :D

The paints used were Phoenix Precision Paints RLM65, 71 & 02 and RLM24 Dunkelblau for the propeller spinners - the Phoenix paints performed flawlessly as usual. I painted the bombs in Humbrol 65 so they didn't look too much like part of the aeroplane, but if I'd known the difference in shade and tone would be that great I would have cut it with a dash of white... but never mind, I think it is one of the best - if not the best - model I have ever made and I am very happy with it. Perfection I don't do, and I hope I never do because it will be all downhill from there :lol: .

Thanks very much for your attention,

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 14

Stew,

Congratulations on a supurb build. That is one lovely 110.

I've been looking for a descent RLM 65 paint as most new profiles show this colour as quite a dull grey in comparison to Humbrol's 65.

The shade difference is quite noticeable as you've depicted. Thanks for doing that.

Cheers.. Dave.

• Like 1