Star Wars new model kits from Bandai

Despy

Again Revell in their infinite wisdom have decided that the US is their target market for the FM repackaging, we in Europe are clearly not modellers and are happy with the easy-kits!

Mini rant over!!

Don't feel too spurned. I've yet to see any of them at an actual store. I got them off of amazon here, which I'm sure is a possibility in the UK too, although they are probably even more over priced. Revell seems to be happy making the easy kits for us too, which is a shame, there's a real lack of quality sci-fi kits outside of Japan. I'm also pretty sure that since they don't distribute them like they do the easy kits (probably due to the price) they think they aren't popular, so we probably wont see reissues of the other finemolds kits like the Slave 1

After seeing Revell & Dragons Falcon efforts so far I will happily wait for a 1/72 Bandai Falcon. Star Wars has never been so popular, were even getting spin off films. Now is the time for Bandai to "Punch it Chewie" and upscale their awesome 1/144 Falcon to 1/72 and also release a huge 1/1700 Star Destroyer, 1/48 AT-AT, Sail Barge & skiff, Blockade runner & Medical Frigate. Im also excited at the idea that Bandai might release a 1/72 B-wing!

And a 1/72 Atmospheric Assault Lander (AAL), First Order Transporter, would be so cool too!

Edited by BobSolo
  • Like 1

After seeing Revell & Dragons Falcon efforts so far I will happily wait for a 1/72 Bandai Falcon. Star Wars has never been so popular, were even getting spin off films. Now is the time for Bandai to "Punch it Chewie" and upscale their awesome 1/144 Falcon to 1/72 and also release a huge 1/1700 Star Destroyer, 1/48 AT-AT, Sail Barge & skiff, Blockade runner & Medical Frigate. Im also excited at the idea that Bandai might release a 1/72 B-wing!

And a 1/72 Atmospheric Assault Lander (AAL), First Order Transporter, would be so cool too!

I would happily buy a 1/72 falcon from them, even though I have the finemolds. They need to get on a tie interceptor and bomber too!

• Like 1

Well, it's the Shizuoka Hobby Show in a couple of weeks, perhaps they'll show off some upcoming models in the SW range, although I'd be very surprised if we see anything that hasn't already been announced there.

Wish I could go this year.

I'm patient.

I sold my resin 1/72 B-Wing to another builder last week. It was a nice kit but I have so much ahead of it to be working on that a Bandai kit would probably be issued before I could get to it anyway.

Don't know if this has been on here before, but.....

Bandai, AT-ST, post free from Japan for 17.83p.(No pound sign on this laptop!)

Sounded so good even I had to order one!

Amazon is your target. Other Star wars kits are there post free too.

That's cool, like the idea of recasting the parts on clear to help with the lighting effect.

I've got 4 of these on their way so may have to look at attempting to light one!

That's cool, like the idea of recasting the parts on clear to help with the lighting effect.

I've got 4 of these on their way so may have to look at attempting to light one!

I've got 2 on order. I might attempt this as well. Was thinking of making a display next to a star destroyer type background

Here: http://www.1999.co.jp/10389046

Scheduled for July release. The details sound very similar to the standard TIE fighter. Lovely...one of my favourites! Imperial Shuttle next please, Bandai!

It's somewhat amusing that Google translates it as Thailand Interceptor.

While I'd agree with you that a Shuttle would be great, we surely can't be far from an announcement of a B-Wing now :pray:

Andy

• Like 1

It's somewhat amusing that Google translates it as Thailand Interceptor.

While I'd agree with you that a Shuttle would be great, we surely can't be far from an announcement of a B-Wing now :pray:

Andy

It would almost have to be. Presumably, they paid quite a bit for the license, and with the amount of kits they've been churning out, it seems they want to get the best use out of it. They don't seem to be much for re-paints, and there are only so many ships in the star wars universe. I would bet we see a larger scale star destroyer around the time Rogue One comes out, as well as an AT-AT. My guess would be that the B-wing would be one of their next 2-4 releases.

Edited by Station

It would almost have to be. Presumably, they paid quite a bit for the license, and with the amount of kits they've been churning out, it seems they want to get the best use out of it. They don't seem to be much for re-paints, and there are only so many ships in the star wars universe. I would bet we see a larger scale star destroyer around the time Rouge One comes out, as well as an AT-AT. My guess would be that the B-wing would be one of their next 2-4 releases.

Would be great. Hmmm - what if the Rebel Blockaderunner will play a bigger part in Rogue One...? :whistle:

It would be great to see a live action fully plated Y-Wing. I guess it's unlikely as Rogue One is only a prequel by a relatively short space of time before ANH.

I don't know if it would be practical for Bandai to retool their Y to give it full plating, but they'd have a guaranteed sale to me if they did

Andy

My Star Destroyer arrived today & it's another lovely little kit. I won't be attempting lighting this one. The details are too fine.

Andy, you know you can get a resin Clone Wars Y-wing?. It's available from Starship Modeller.