Star Wars new model kits from Bandai

Despy

Looks like a Grievous will be going on my want list then :rolleyes:

I'm really not that fussed on a backdated Slave-1... could take it or leave it :shrug:

12 minutes ago, Mike said:

Looks like a Grievous will be going on my want list then :rolleyes:

I'm really not that fussed on a backdated Slave-1... could take it or leave it :shrug:

I wanted to say the same thing BUT I know that with the teeny jedi fighter I will just HAVE to buy another slave 1!;)

Last Jedi items will be on hold until the formal merchandise release due in September from what I recall. I saw something on the Daily Express website that they accidentally posted up some micromachines which Disney rapidly took down but it looks like Kylo may have his own star fighter something akin to the body of his gramps X-1 but with Interceptor style foils 

58 minutes ago, sithman said:

with the teeny jedi fighter

Oh no... really?  I hadn't noticed that (didn't follow any links) :owww:  Mind you, I never was that fussed by the Jedi Starfighter design :fraidnot:

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

Oh no... really?  I hadn't noticed that (didn't follow any links) :owww:  Mind you, I never was that fussed by the Jedi Starfighter design :fraidnot:

Yeah I saw it over on the RPF!  the Jedi starfighter with engine ring was added to the small mecha scale line.

I gotta say I like all the old designs better than any of the new stuff so far!.....Didn't realize how much until I saw the new TIE suppository, u-wing, and bb-8 and those awful shuttles in R1 and FA I mean really? ya couldn't just use the tried and true Lambda or Sentinal class?,........you had to "make it new" with ridiculously ovef sized wings??

OK rant over, I'll go back to my room now and take my meds!......promise:whistle:

• Like 1

:lol: it's all down to taste - I wasn't keen on the U-Wing at first, but have changed my mind since.  I think it was reviewing and building the Revell U-Wing for my son that did it :)

I think any sequel/prequel is bound to introduce new kit, just for the novelty and to stop it from looking samey.  Not to mention the marketing Ka-ching! value.  I'm a lot happier with the sequel and contemporiqual designs than the forced-retro of the prequels.  Everything burbled like a poorly maintained river barge too.  Faster than light travel doesn't need to sound like that :owww:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mike said:

:lol: it's all down to taste - I wasn't keen on the U-Wing at first, but have changed my mind since.  I think it was reviewing and building the Revell U-Wing for my son that did it :)

I think any sequel/prequel is bound to introduce new kit, just for the novelty and to stop it from looking samey.  Not to mention the marketing Ka-ching! value.  I'm a lot happier with the sequel and contemporiqual designs than the forced-retro of the prequels.  Everything burbled like a poorly maintained river barge too.  Faster than light travel doesn't need to sound like that :owww:

yup it does come down to personal taste I guess!

I just remember that after the 16 year or so draught the first new prequal design seen was the Radiant 7 and THAT design nailed it! ( imo)

Ditto the Republic gunship and AT-TE!

For me the "new" designs just don't do it!  so I am hoping possibly beyond hope, that Bandai makes more OT PT designs.:worry:

I've filled one in too, asked for pretty much everything, from all the movies, spin-offs etc.  Star Wars Rebel characters would be a breeze to do for Bandai, as they pretty much look like action figures anyway.  I also had a gripe about availability outside of the Far East to, but seeing as the form was written in English, and they were asking where we all lived, I think they're cognisant of the massive market they're only scratching the surface of via grey imports from eBay and Amazon.

19 hours ago, Geoff_B said:

Last Jedi items will be on hold until the formal merchandise release due in September from what I recall. I saw something on the Daily Express website that they accidentally posted up some micromachines which Disney rapidly took down but it looks like Kylo may have his own star fighter something akin to the body of his gramps X-1 but with Interceptor style foils 

9PwilQF.jpg

Concept Sketch:

Image-1-1024x439.jpg

• Like 3

I asked for the rest of the fighters to appear in 72nd such as the Tie Bomber, B wing and hopefully the Tie Defender as that's now been incorporated into Rebels. I also requested Imperials and rebel troopers to go with their AT-AT & AT-ST in 1/144 to allow those hardcore to do the Battle of Hoth.

I also suggested in the comments about possibly doing Hanger diorama sets, as you could do Tie Fighters in racks with Imperials/First Order Navy and Storm Trooper figures and Rebel Hanger with groundcrew and support equipment, so could do Yavin temple, Greenham Common or Home One cruiser as would be a nice way to display a couple of their models together.

Damn I forgot to include a request for the X-Wing with Blue Squadron schemes or the Partisan X-Wing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Madmonk said:

I have asked for a 1/12 Jar-Jar Binks but think I may be the only one!!!!

well, they've already got the Grievous eyes!  it could easily be used for jar jar:whistle:

a few 12th scale ewoks would also be a great addition;)

19 minutes ago, Madmonk said:

I have asked for a 1/12 Jar-Jar Binks but think I may be the only one!!!!

I'm sure there'll be plentyt'o'folks with air rifles that might be interested in one if it was cheap :mg:

1 hour ago, Richard Baker said:

Image-1-1024x439.jpg

The Millenium Interceptor :S

Is that Rylo Ken's homage to his dad's ride? :hmmm:

Just found the Bandai AT-AT on pre-order from Japan Cool.

http://japan-cool.co.uk/epages/950003803.sf/sec0e6aef56ae/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950003803/Products/BANPRE_ATAT

Best of all its listed at £24.00 /w Free postage, most of the ones ive found are from £45 onwards.

Ive just ordered one.

Wayne.

38 minutes ago, Deadman Disciple said:

Whoopsie, its £50-£60 & it wants the balance on despatch, but at least its a uk seller.

Have a look on Amazon - just got one from there with Prime delivery for £46