Star Wars new model kits from Bandai

Despy

2 hours ago, Blackbrazen said:

Madmonk that base looks outstanding! Any idea of a rough price? I'm definitely interested!

Hi Blackbrazen, I'm waiting for confirmation of the final postage costs from JPG in the USA but I expect it to be around £15 plus postage.

Cheers,

Warren

On 2/5/2017 at 11:21 AM, Madmonk said:

Coming soon from a galaxy far, far, away.......

The ultimate base for your box scale Star Destroyer, Mini Cheddar, sorry Jedha

Mini%20Jedha%202_zpssajhu0zu.jpg

Mini%20Jedha%201_zpsyy6o9j2f.jpg

Mastered by Biro Peter and produced by JPG Productions this solid resin casting comes with a 1/8" clear acrylic rod to support your ISD.

I have 20 coming from JPG on the next delivery which should be leaving the US on Tuesday, unless Trump does something silly like stop all parcels leaving the States!!

What an astounding display idea!

You should post this around om RPF, HT & SSM- I think a lot of people would be interested in this

I have only got 20 at the moment and most off those have gone after posting on FB and here!!

If I can get hold of any more I can spread the net wider!!

• Like 1

On 2/6/2017 at 0:07 AM, Mike said:

Another vote for a 1:72 U-Wing :yes:

Now I've found this thread where all the Star Wars guys "hang out" I'll be able to get latest updates. (yes !)

Add me to the list for a 1:72 U-Wing !! Who wouldn't want one to go with all the other 1/72 spacecraft we've got ? Really hope Bandai do this after the Striker. Would make sense. Sizewise, it is a bit bigger than the striker, but am sure they could package it in non assembled form.

I have a feeling we won't see many figure kits with faces due to their SH Figurearts line.  The AT-AT looks nice, and looks to be about the size of the 1:12 figures, but there's something about the back sloped section of the body that looks "odd".  It appears long, but that could just be a trick of the light, sun-spots, my old age, looking at the AMT kit for too long, or anything else.  Won't stop me getting one though :)

18 hours ago, Mike said:

I have a feeling we won't see many figure kits with faces due to their SH Figurearts line.  The AT-AT looks nice, and looks to be about the size of the 1:12 figures, but there's something about the back sloped section of the body that looks "odd".  It appears long, but that could just be a trick of the light, sun-spots, my old age, looking at the AMT kit for too long, or anything else.  Won't stop me getting one though :)

It did cross my mind that the FigureArts line might have had exclusivity on figures with faces or at least initially. Now weve seen the 1/12 Model Kit Yoda, not only the quality of him but the bigger Multi headed 1/6 size too, i believe that well be seeing lots more figures with faces. The FigureArts line will have given Bandai great marketing insight into which figures sell well and which not so well, so that they can make sure they make profit from the kits they do release. I would assume all the main characters from star wars (minus Jar Jar :lol:) sell well. I look forward to seeing what kits they make over the years ahead, im sure i will buy 99.9% of them. I could easily have 100+ individual 1/12 characters alone.

I find that the AT-AT design in the films is so oddly shaped that it can change length/height depending on how you look at it, sometimes the legs look long, esp from far away or low angles. The head can look bigger or smaller, perspective and the strange angles all make it change shape, I love the design.

There is some talk over on the RPF.com See here  About how the feet dont compress on this lil model, like they do in the films. Hopefully Bandai will make this right on the bigger 1/48 AT-AT. For me im quite happy with this lil AT-AT as it is, the head, legs, guns move & the feet rotate. I plan on getting one to make into Rey's rusty abandoned wreck AT-AT house.

BB-8 looks great, the blue flames and lightning effect Finn zapper arms look cool too, hopefully he will have lukes Map chip in there!

Edited by BobSolo

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

When did I miss this? :shocked: I thought Dragon were doing that scale? :hmmm:

Oh no its not official yet :D but im 99.9% sure they will make one to go with the 1/48 Snowspeeders and AT-ST. Other companies have made big AT-AT's in the past, so i dont see why Bandai wouldnt, and theirs would be the best ever made, so would sell forever. A 1/48 Bandai AT-AT would be awesome, like a 1/72 Falcon or 1/1700 Star Destroyer, it would be a "Grail Kit" for every Star Wars collector.

BB-8 and the 1/6 Stormtrooper are huge compared to previous Bandai kits, wouldnt surprise me if they made a 1/6 Vader too.

Dragon were saying they were making a 1/35 AT-AT i think, but theyve gone quiet now. Dragons Snowspeeder was proportionally a mess too, so i dont know how accurate Dragons AT-AT would have been.

A 1/72 U-Wing would be excellent, plus the oft requested B-Wing and TIE Bomber :) Wouldn't say no to some assorted Rebel warships too...

I can see them doing the Cargo AT-AT from Rogue One, but I'd say that's probably the only other big vehicle beside the U-Wing from that film. I'm sure next year we'll have some new ships from Episode VIII (Hopefully a bit more interesting than colour flipped TIE fighters) But before then hopefully we'll get some nice OT kits.

Id definatley buy a 1/72 U-wing, can you imagine the interior and sliding door!

My future Rogue One wish list :party:

1/72 U-Wing,

1/72 TIE Landing shuttle (TIE Reaper)

1/12 Rebels: Jyn Erso, Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus, Saw Gerrera, Cassian Andor

Krennic's Shuttle

60cm Hammerhead Corvette

30cm Death Star

94cm 1/1700 Star Destroyer

Vaders Castle B)

Edited by BobSolo
TIE Reaper

5 hours ago, BobSolo said:

1/72 TIE Landing shuttle

Krennic's Shuttle

The TIE shuttle seen in Rogue One has been named the TIE Reaper. I like it.

Definitely keen on Krennic's shuttle, regardless of scale.

• Like 1

Id LOVE to see Bandai make a 1/1 Thermal Detonator, Hans Blaster and Reys Pistol, that would be SO cool

latest?cb=20151115001415

Hopefully these can be made without licence problems, not everyone can afford £100000's high end props and not everyone wants an orange nerf gun.

Edited by BobSolo
  • Like 3

On ‎10‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 9:09 PM, Misrule said:

Not sure if mentioned yet but the next mecha kit is a Snowspeeder and AT-ST box set

Not sure if its 144 scale, looks like it might be next to those TIEs

Those would nicely tie in with the new 1/144 AT-AT Imperial Walker so perhaps we will see a 1/144 Battle of Hoth set, either that or await the aftermarket crowd/3D printers to do 1/144 SnowTroopers, Rebel Artic troops and ground defences to go with the Bandai kits

• Like 3

13 hours ago, BobSolo said:

Han's Blaster

There's now an Airsoft Han's Blaster available, but it's £270 last time I looked.  Nice piece of kit though, with lots of neat details and it's Gas Blowback, so you get that recoil feeling.  Not much use on Hoth though, unless you're using Propane ;)  You do need to be UKARA registered to buy one though, as it's a Realistic Imitation Firearm (RIF), so falls under the legislation where you need a defence to own one.  I know it's a Sci-fi gun, but it does look kinda realistic, and is based on a broom-handled Mauser.  It also spits out BBs at quite a lick, which hurt. :shrug:

• Like 2

Reminds me, if Bandai do start doing kits with unmasked faces I'd really like to see some Rebel troopers. The Commando teams on Rogue One were among the best looking sci-fi troopers I've seen. Right up there with Colonial Marines and Tech-com

• Like 1

On 2/10/2017 at 7:38 PM, BobSolo said:

1/72 U-Wing,

1/72 TIE Landing shuttle (TIE Reaper)

1/12 Rebels: Jyn Erso, Chirrut Imwe, Baze Malbus, Saw Gerrera, Cassian Andor

Krennic's Shuttle

60cm Hammerhead Corvette

30cm Death Star

94cm 1/1700 Star Destroyer

Vaders Castle B)

I'm with you there BobSolo. Especially the U-Wing and Tie Reaper in 1/72. Infact I'll be up for anything 1/72 to add to the collection !

Have a feeling Vader's Castle might be a long shot though:idea:

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mike said:

There's now an Airsoft Han's Blaster available, but it's £270 last time I looked.  Nice piece of kit though, with lots of neat details and it's Gas Blowback, so you get that recoil feeling.  Not much use on Hoth though, unless you're using Propane ;)  You do need to be UKARA registered to buy one though, as it's a Realistic Imitation Firearm (RIF), so falls under the legislation where you need a defence to own one.  I know it's a Sci-fi gun, but it does look kinda realistic, and is based on a broom-handled Mauser.  It also spits out BBs at quite a lick, which hurt. :shrug:

Yes those guns are SO cool, but id like a plastic one thats looks real and i can always stick a cosplay style orange cork in the end if i wanted to take it outside. Adding a few fishing lead weights inside would make it feel real. I had an M16 1/1 model kit as a kid that fired orange pelets and that looked and felt so real with the weights inside.

8 hours ago, Misrule said:

Reminds me, if Bandai do start doing kits with unmasked faces I'd really like to see some Rebel troopers. The Commando teams on Rogue One were among the best looking sci-fi troopers I've seen. Right up there with Colonial Marines and Tech-com

Yes they looked great, Bandai have so many cool models that they can make for decades to come!

2 hours ago, Portaler said:

I'm with you there BobSolo. Especially the U-Wing and Tie Reaper in 1/72. Infact I'll be up for anything 1/72 to add to the collection !

Have a feeling Vader's Castle might be a long shot though:idea:

I agree Vaders Castle might be something they do right at the end, if at all, but i put it in there as it looked so cool..well hot haha!

• Like 1

Right if we're doing this I want the following :

Jawa Sand crawler

Lukes Speeder

Cloud Car

Jabbas Sail Barge and a Skiff

Tie Bomber

Star Destroyer

Snow Stormtrooper

Tusken Raider

Jawa

Ugnaught