Star Wars new model kits from Bandai

Despy

I'm going to have to start ordering them from Amazon from now on. I've always got them through ebay, and the prices there seem to be going up all the time. The box scale releases are usually in the £10-12 mark or higher, whereas I see a seller on Amazon still has the Star Destroyer for under £7.

The Y-Wing is about £10 on ebay

Andy

It looks like the TIE Striker has to flap its solar panels really fast to fly or they have different positions for landing and flying.!!

tie_striker_02_zpsyam6juvc.jpg

The Bandai site has put up more details with a release date of January 2017.

http://bandai-hobby.net/sw/jp/products/tie_striker.html

Cheers,

I wonder what the point of it is? I mean your regular TIE fighters seem perfectly able to fly in an atmosphere with a much smaller body, and all the other designs are built around a ball shaped cockpit, even Vader's. The only exception is the bomber so maybe this is some sort of light bomber?

6 minutes ago, Misrule said:

I wonder what the point of it is? I mean your regular TIE fighters seem perfectly able to fly in an atmosphere with a much smaller body, and all the other designs are built around a ball shaped cockpit, even Vader's. The only exception is the bomber so maybe this is some sort of light bomber?

According to the Xwing game it's a fighter designed primarily for atmospheric defense.  In atmosphere it has doubled the maneuverability of the standard TIE. It provides all the benefits of an TIE Interceptor (including more firepower over a standard TIE ) at a substantial cost savings.  It also has a limited cargo capability like the Bwing. Its space performance is almost as good as a standard TIE, just with little  endurance. Making it useless as a fleet fighter,  but an excellent land based fighter.  In essence it's an Imperial Snowspeeeder.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike said:

It's more likely, new film, new look to familiar concepts :shrug:  I don't mind... it does get expensive though :hmmm:

Oh, it's definitely a money grab! I'm just super glad they didn't use the EU ship the Howlrunner in the role. 

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/I-7_Howlrunner

It looks like a lame Buck Rogers Thunder fighter. Which is really ironic if you know the Thunder fighter's history. 

Edited by Thud4444

13 hours ago, Thud4444 said:

Oh, it's definitely a money grab! I'm just super glad they didn't use the EU ship the Howlrunner in the role. 

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/I-7_Howlrunner

It looks like a lame Buck Rogers Thunder fighter. Which is really ironic if you know the Thunder fighter's history. 

It looks like they might have taken elements of this one for the U-Wing though. The U-Wing is a much nicer ship to me personally. 

I'm not all that fussed with the U-Wing.  Seems a bit boxy and not as sleek as some of the other designs.  I'd have thought they could have worked on a more up-to-date version of the clone trooper transports, which were borderline good :)

18 hours ago, Thud4444 said:

According to the Xwing game it's a fighter designed primarily for atmospheric defense.  In atmosphere it has doubled the maneuverability of the standard TIE. It provides all the benefits of an TIE Interceptor (including more firepower over a standard TIE ) at a substantial cost savings.  It also has a limited cargo capability like the Bwing. Its space performance is almost as good as a standard TIE, just with little  endurance. Making it useless as a fleet fighter,  but an excellent land based fighter.  In essence it's an Imperial Snowspeeeder.

If the First Order had kept some of these around the movie would have turned out differently...

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

There's a rumour going around that Bandai have acquired a license to sell overseas again - via Bluefin in the US maybe? That probably doesn't help the ROW much but might be a promising start.

I also spotted this new Mobile Armour from their Gundam line:

which has fully bilingual instructions, paint guide etc. I've seen the first signs of this in their Yokai Watch kits (aimed at kids) - let's hope it's a trend and Bandai are going for world domination :)

Will

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mike said:

Did I miss anyone mention that they've announced the K-2SO figure now?  There's some available for pre-order on eBay now :)

K-2SO and the Shoretrooper are released today and the large 1/6 stormtrooper was released on Monday.

The prices on eBay are quite high on first release and pre-order, though they do come down some time later. 

The best service I have found so far has been Tokyo Model Detective, the 1/6 Stormtrooper is a tad over £40 plus postage, best I have seen it on eBay is £65ish posted.

I have no connection with Darren at TMD but have ordered kits on at least 5 occasions and the service has always been excellent, just remember that postage is added after you order!!

2 hours ago, Madmonk said:

K-2SO and the Shoretrooper are released today

Cool - for some reason I'm really looking forward to K-2SO.  I got the Boy the Lego figure a coupla weeks ago, and it towers over the rest - even Captain Phasma, who has additional parts to lengthen her legs & arms so she's taller than the regular figures. :)

3 hours ago, Madmonk said:

K-2SO and the Shoretrooper are released today and the large 1/6 stormtrooper was released on Monday.

The prices on eBay are quite high on first release and pre-order, though they do come down some time later. 

The best service I have found so far has been Tokyo Model Detective, the 1/6 Stormtrooper is a tad over £40 plus postage, best I have seen it on eBay is £65ish posted.

I have no connection with Darren at TMD but have ordered kits on at least 5 occasions and the service has always been excellent, just remember that postage is added after you order!!

I almost ordered a few kits from TMD but having no idea how much the shipping would be beforehand put me off at the time. I have heard nothing but good things from anyone who has bought from him though, so I'm very tempted to put an order in after I recover from the Christmas spending. 

I recently ordered 3 Deathtroopers and 2 box scale Y-Wings and postage was about £15 for SAL.

i know Darren is trying to sort out a shipping calculator for the site.

i also haven't been hit by any additional charges on any of my orders if you know what I mean.😜

• Like 2