Star Wars new model kits from Bandai

Despy

Well that's the first clone troopers pre order balanced paid off. Good job to was running out of star wars kits to build.

Can I interest you in a Star Destroyer or two to go with it? :D

The tamiya as-20, is that paint in a spray can? If so then your friend might have problems bringing that back home for you as it's a prohibited item as the contents of the can are flammable.

A friend of mine placed an order for me to pick up on my trip to China last month - but as I was asking for quite a few items the spray was overlooked by him... You can carry flamables like a small spray can or glue (Tamiya thin type cement in my case): I usually put such items in my manicure bag (if this is the correct term) - others carry hair spray so ...

Of course you should not over do it - I once had a bag with about 6 spray cans plus maybe 10 paint jars. I left them with my friend in the end and collected them in smaller numbers on following trips.

Hope this tip helps - of course if the security people have a bad day they can and will take it away.

René

Can I interest you in a Star Destroyer or two to go with it? :D

Only if they are 1/72 scale to go with the rest of my fleet and cost under £100...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The TIE Interceptor will keep me happy for a while... Can do the standard TIE Interceptor, a TIE Defender by kit bashing two together, and the Red Imperial Guard version (with winglets) using the left overs from the TIE Defender...

D

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just read that there will be a box scale Y-Wing coming out in October, guess like the X-Wing it will be about 1:144 scale.

Battle Droid and STAP and Box Scale TIEs (1st Order twin set) are due out end of this month and Poe's black custom X-Wing in 1:72 due end Sept.

Just received Greenstrawberry's PE and masks for the A-Wing so will put a review up at weekend.

• Like 2

Just read that there will be a box scale Y-Wing coming out in October, guess like the X-Wing it will be about 1:144 scale.

Battle Droid and STAP and Box Scale TIEs (1st Order twin set) are due out end of this month and Poe's black custom X-Wing in 1:72 due end Sept.

Just received Greenstrawberry's PE and masks for the A-Wing so will put a review up at weekend.

Good news about the y-wing and the stap/battle droid not sure about the 1/72 poe's x-wing. After all you can simply repaint earlier released resistance T-70

I am glad that bandai are still issuing more star wars kits

Even though they were one of the most ineffectual, annoyingly comic characters in the prequels (ignoring JarJar, of course), I actually quite fancy one of these :) A totally wasted opportunity to create something dark & menacing for the films though. :shrug:

I'm with you there Mike. As an effective Stormtrooper stand-in for the prequels they were woeful, and just an excuse to have Ewan McGregor leaping around like he was in a Bruce Lee film, but as a model I think they may be a fun build.

Andy

Have you seen the scene in the amphitheatre before they added in all the droids? it's flippin' dreadful (dreadfuller?), and no-one even looks like they're trying! :lol:

actually i kinda like the idea of a conversion of a battle droid to resemble the one in the star was aftermath books, "Mister Bones"

Mr%20Bones_zpsk7adez8a.jpg

Having just started the second book in the series I was thinking along the same lines PM.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Battle Droid and STAP is released tomorrow for those that haven't pre-ordered, working out about £40 shipped unless anyone knows any better!