Star Wars new model kits from Bandai

Despy

Seems to me like the majority of development work has been done, maybe just not up to the tooling stage. We could be looking at 3D printed parts perhaps? I dunno... it's all speculation. Do we know if there's a time-limitation to Revell's (wasted) Ep.7 model license? That might give us more of a clue :)

how long before revell's agreement is up, do you or anyone else know of the termination date? the sooner the better if Bandai i producing kits like this

A 16" or so ISD is in the same realm as their 1/1000 Yamato 2199 kits, just wider.

I am pretty certain Bandai knows their kits are selling well outside Japan even with the restrictions. Overall sales numbers are what is important, not if they were purchased by proxy or through eBay. We have no idea how long it takes for a kit to be prototyped for production, but they are determined to make things as accurate as possible before doing so.

Bandai have no way of knowing how well they're really selling outside of Japan. All they'll be able to find out is the number of kits sold within Japan, because no one "officially" sells them overseas anymore, they have no figures to feed back to them. I'm sure they suspect their kits are selling, but I know they saw a massive drop when the kits were prohibited for sale outside Japan.

Believe me, it's not the overall numbers that are important, it's the numbers in each individual market that interests them - that's why Gundam kits aren't officially licensed outside of Japan.

This should help BANDAI and this is just for starters, if they build them they will sell, Star Wars is a worldwide success story!

BANDAI_zpspwmq0xhl.jpg

I think BANDAI showing us the Star Destroyer again shows they want to build it, they are just trying to see how many people want it. Well i want it and i will buy it, so please make a 1/1700 Star Destoyer!

• Like 3

This should help BANDAI and this is just for starters, if they build them they will sell, Star Wars is a worldwide success story!

BANDAI_zpspwmq0xhl.jpg

I think BANDAI showing us the Star Destroyer again shows they want to build it, they are just trying to see how many people want it. Well i want it and i will buy it, so please make a 1/1700 Star Destoyer!

BobSolo when did you come to my place and take a picture of my Bandai stash of kits? LOL

• Like 2

It is the 1/48 but ive took the moving wing motor, sounds & torpedo led's out for my custom X-wing build:

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234997808-bob-solos-x-wing-135/page-3

I will make a new base, scratch a new inside for the wings and put a better Led kit back in it for brighter pulsing engines and lit up cockpit dash,

PhantomMajor has another one hid under his bed, i was going to take that too but couldnt carry anyore haha!

I wonder if Bandai is planning to release these in the near future? The black lambda-style shuttle looks intriguing, (even though I'm still desperate for the original ROTJ one to be released).

27316845382_17dc852b37_z.jpg[/url]

26806745584_9aa68e85b5_z.jpg

Edited by R0ver

Was the email from cool Japan? Coz I have an a-wi g on pre-order with them

We're waiting on a few more SW kits to arrive at our supplier before we get them shipped. Should be here towards the end of next week.

I wonder if Bandai is planning to release these in the near future? The black lambda-style shuttle looks intriguing, (even though I'm still desperate for the original ROTJ one to be released).

27316845382_17dc852b37_z.jpg

26806745584_9aa68e85b5_z.jpg

Looks to be Rogue One related items so its possible Bandai may do some of the items, the U wing and the Tie Striker being obvious items - Of course Rogue One might prompt an issue of that larger scale ISD that we all really want !!!

A-Wing has landed.

Had a quick look in the box and it's almost up to Bandai's usual standard!!! The only weird thing is the standing pilot figure, it's a silhouette! A flat figure with no relief.

On the plus side the engines have clear pars which should make lighting it up easier.

Will try and up load a few pictures after tea, fish cakes and salad!

Cheers,

Warren

A-Wing has landed.

The only weird thing is the standing pilot figure, it's a silhouette! A flat figure with no relief.

I can't figure out what the intention was with this flat figure. Doesn't bother me all that much, but I do wonder if it will be the norm with Bandai kits from now on.

Had a quick look in the box and it's almost up to Bandai's usual standard!!! The only weird thing is the standing pilot figure, it's a silhouette! A flat figure with no relief.

I saw that pilot on a sprue shot somewhere, and I thought it was just a trick of the light that made it look like a flat cutout. Very odd that they've done this. Can't quite imagine what they expect you to do with it. Do they supply a full body decal to go over it?

Andy

Tea well over so here are the photos.

Box.

IMG_0762_zpsfpgshuw9.jpg

Sprues

IMG_0763_zpsl9ftbgw9.jpg

IMG_0764_zpst3sxvfvo.jpg

IMG_0765_zpsk51aeqlm.jpg

IMG_0767_zpsrpmjmd4m.jpg

Detail on the base.

IMG_0768_zpsrgympb5h.jpg

And the flat pilot!!

IMG_0766_zpsmwbtzzve.jpg

For all the talk of Bandai kits only being for the Asian market, they obviously know there is demand else where as the instructions have English translations on the paint guide. Nice one Bandai.

IMG_0769_zpsspgvnjmk.jpg

Cheers,

Warren

• Like 5

I think your right it might be his splatted body haha! At first i thought it was his ghost, it also reminded me of the tombstone that Luke was near at the end of The Force Awakens on his island.

tumblr_o3miqbxFvI1tbrknvo2_500.png