New Airbrush opinions sought

IainA

Gentlefolk

I'm toying with upping my airbrush options. I have an Aztek 470 (expensive at the time and hated), premi-air something or other which is quite reasonable and a Veda Iwata clone which is a belter (for what it cost!). I'm looking at the Harder & Steenbeck Evolution Silverline fPc Two In One or the Neo for Iwata TRN1 Gravity Feed Pistol Trigger. I like the look of the Iwata, simply because of the trigger and the fact that my fat fingers seem to be losing any connection with reality, however, the Steenbeck reviews are off the charts and the 2 in 1 fPc seems a relative bargain.

I appreciate that it's a subjective (and at times, emotive!!) subject, but, thoughts? Opinions? Bribes?

I thank ya. :winkgrin:

I have a H&S Evolution and Ultra, the Evolution(0.2) for detail and the Ultra (0.4) for general, I think you will find that people will prefer the make they have and are used to. I am improving with my set up (now approaching Mediocre) and can say they are very capable brushes I can also say the Iwata I tried at Telford seemed so as well. For the best I think you need to try them, either at a mates or at a show, you'll see opinions polarise as replies come in which is not always helpful.

Fpc 2in1 is great value for money and covers the range of the majority of modellers. 0.15mm details and 0.4mm area nozzles, 5ml, 2ml and the internal 0.5ml paint cups, preset handle and the fPC valve (MAC valve). But also has the option of adding larger paint cup or 0.2mm and 0.6mm nozzle sets if needed.

TRN1 looks to be built in china from sparmax suppled parts. We have been selling the siide feed version the Sparmax GP-35 for a couple of years now and is is very popular and has a reasonable range. The 0.35mm nozzle set will go from 2 to 3mm up to about 20mm width. Also the parmax version is only £90. The trigger has less of a learning curve than a double action brush and the preset handle is included. (http://www.sparmaxair.com/product_detail.php?id=2&r=46)

Both are good brushes, but totally different in concept and use.

As has been said the best thing to do is to try them if possible.

We have the H&S Silverline and GP-35 on our stand at shows for people to try.

Thanks,

Paul