Eduard 1/48 Bf 110E *Completed 11th January 2015

Hi All,

Decided to join you all if that's ok? here's what I am proposing, veering toward the shark mouth option with the green over black colour scheme. Bought this kit at the IPMS Nats when it first came out, it comes with a little resin daschund which I think were limited to the first run of kits(?). Anyway here's what I am hoping to build:

IMG_1248-vi.jpgIMG_1249-vi.jpgIMG_1250-vi.jpg

Wish me luck!

FF

Edited by ForestFan
  • Like 4

Hi Forest fan. just found your post as its now hard to spot another 110 build thred ,must be a case of can't see the wood for the trees :) anyway as another Eduard 1/48 119 builder i wish you luck and the gift of good eyesight with the finding ,removal from the spruce (sorry couldnt resist ) and glueing the parts from sprue G.

Like the scheme you have chosen :popcorn: (not popcorn but pine nuts)

Alistair

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Right then chaps, after a couple of failed starts I have managed to get the wings together. As you will see below there are some serious gaps to fill which is very disappointing with a modern kit. Makes me wonder if the designers actually built the kit! Or perhaps it's my clumsiness? Anyway, any ideas what best to use to fill these canyons?

Cheers

FFIMG_0718-vi.jpgIMG_0720-vi.jpgIMG_0717-vi.jpgIMG_0719-vi.jpgIMG_0721-vi.jpg

• Like 1

There are other nasty similar areas on this kit, not least the wing to fuselage join! As Jens said, careful sanding will help but I'd also put in a vertical shim of plasticard then trim and sand to shape afterwards.

Max

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Well the festive season has allowed some (limited) time at the bench so here's where I am. I must say Eduard design kits that look great in the box, with all the nice looking teeny weeny pieces, but it's beyond my capability to use them all! Anyway we battle on, though the build isn't as 'fun' as it ought to be, though this is prob my (lack of) capability!

Feel free to comment.

FF

IMG_1327-vi.jpgIMG_1329-vi.jpgIMG_1330-vi.jpgIMG_1332-vi.jpgIMG_1331-vi.jpgIMG_1328-vi.jpg

• Like 1

I think it's coming along very well FF, the cockpit looks especially impressive. I know what you mean about all the tiny parts that are unlikely to be used, I still have a boxful from my build 3 or so years ago. I can't say I enjoyed my build that much either but I had to stick with it because I was doing a review build for an online magazine, yet it seems the 1/72nd version is so much better!

Max

• Like 1

Lots of "bulldog spirit" needed with this kit FF......Press on Regardless!!

Max

PS Before you fit the wings to the fuselage I'd recommend you fit those two little fairings/bumps on the underbelly just inboard of the wing joint. They don't fit terribly well either but it's easier to test fit and sand now rather than later!

PS Before you fit the wings to the fuselage I'd recommend you fit those two little fairings/bumps on the underbelly just inboard of the wing joint. They don't fit terribly well either but it's easier to test fit and sand now rather than later!

Too late!

Hi all, beginning to look like a 110 now! Still some tidying up to do before it gets primed. One good thing about the scheme I am doing (dark sea green over black) is that it should hide a multitude of sins! All the best and Happy new Year :cheers:

FFIMG_1341-vi.jpgIMG_1343-vi.jpgIMG_1340-vi.jpgIMG_1342-vi.jpg

Based on my own recent experience I reckon overall black is probably one of the most difficult finishes to apply and yet still get a realistic look, most make it too black. But you've nailed it FF, it looks great! :)

Max

• Like 1