Fairey Gannet COD.4 (Revell, 1/72 with Xtradecals)

alex

Good afternoon,
there have been some Gannets in the RFI-section, so I have to show mine, I suppose...

it's the well-known Revell Gannet T.5. I had as well some fitting problems due to non-existant clearance. Next problem were the clear parts, which were unusable. So I converted to the falcon vacuformed ones. But, they were meant for the Frog-Kit, the angle of the windscreen did not match the revell kit. I had to use the revell windscreen, which was the best clear part (uff...). Colour are from xtracolour, with a endless drying time, decals were the highlight. Went on easily. Just added some oil colour washing in the end.

This was the worst kit so far, I contemplated several times if I should finish it or just write it off unfinished. Result is still ok. Best point - the prop is turning if blown! :D

1-seite_zps14b6304f.jpg

2-vornelinks_zps36069d51.jpg

3-hintenrechts_zps790cd1d1.jpg

4-vornerechts_zpsfc4cf383.jpg

5-vorne_zpse17cc8f7.jpg

7-hintenlinks_zps9f191949.jpg

8-detailnase_zps3676294e.jpg

9-propwash_zps47383bf7.jpg

Thanks for watching!

Alex

• Like 24

Thats a lovely Gannet Alex, I really like the COD versions and intend to do one myself using the Revell T.5,.....does the electrical coaming along the outside of the fuselage below the cockpit need to be altered between the T.5 & COD.4,.....I never can tell? I know some versions were slightly different at the front.

If you want to add some luggage pods under the wings I think that Jean Pierre at Model Art Decals (http://www.modartdec.com/ ) might have some resin ones,.....I know he did release some a while ago and they look superb.

Well done on a lovely model and nice decal choice too, I like the HMS Hermes aircraft myself,

Cheers

Tony

A Really nice build but not sure about the colour, I really think this aircraft was painted overall RAF blue grey not black. If you search The Net, there is a picture on the Air Britain site (abpic) that shows this particular aircraft in overall blue Grey.

Selwyn

@Selvyn: thanks, the colour is in fact RAF blue grey! It may seem a bit dark because of the photos.

@Tony: "does the electrical coaming along the outside of the fuselage below the cockpit need to be altered between the T.5 & COD.4" IIRC yes, the T.5 has the wide coaming because of the double controls. No probs, since the Revell T.5 kit has both, the narrow and broad one.

Thank for the nice remarks! :bye:

Alex

A Really nice build but not sure about the colour, I really think this aircraft was painted overall RAF blue grey not black. If you search The Net, there is a picture on the Air Britain site (abpic) that shows this particular aircraft in overall blue Grey.

Selwyn

If that's blue grey then there is something wrong somewhere, just had another look at the pictures and the tyre colour matches the airframe!

Selwyn