NH90 TTH (Revell, 1/72)

JaseBlade

Finally decided to do my first WIP. I've gone for the Revell 1/72 Nato Helicopter NH90 TTH for the next build.

This will be done in the scheme of 79+02,Heeresfliegerwaffenschule, Bückeburg, Germany in 2007.

Will be using Kuivalainen etch and Eduard mask with this one.

SAM_0169.jpg

First up, is getting rid of this fairly nice detail to make way for the etch-

SAM_0170.jpg

SAM_0171.jpg

16 seats and two cockpit panels worth of sanding later-

SAM_0172.jpg

And after a little touch of paint-

SAM_0174.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Jason

• Like 5

Thanks Houston and Milktrip!

A little more progress-

The pit was painted with revell enamels and then weathered with eazi weathering powders:

SAM_0178.jpg

SAM_0183.jpg

SAM_0182.jpg

SAM_0185.jpg

Now, only a few seatbelts left to do...

SAM_0181.jpg

Edited by JaseBlade
  • Like 6

Thanks for your comments everyone.

Looks great so far, makes me want this and the naval version even more. Is the marking option you have stated as chosen a kit supplied scheme?

Cheers. I was lucky to pick this up for a few quid at a car boot sale, and I'm very glad I bought it now. It's a kit supplied scheme. There are four decal options, including two German options- 79+02 and 79+03 from Bückeburg.

Love tbe detailing. .is the rear cargo floor a decal or PE?
This l9oks like another quality Revell kit

Thanks. It's a kit supplied decal. The plastic floor has moulded detail, which looks quite good once the decal sets down into it. I then weathered it a little with powders.

It definitely does seem a great kit so far- had no problems.

• Like 2

Nice work! I'm building one of these myself, but I didn't hear about the Kuivalainen PE until recently. I've already finished the kit cockpit and the seats, I'm planning to get some figures anyways, but I'm curious what other parts are in the PE set besides the seatbelts and cockpit panels.

Cheers!

Not had much chance to get a lot more done on this yet. Just added a little bit of rough detail to the cockpit to make it a bit busier (overhead panel, first aid bag etc). Still got more to add to it though-

SAM_0193.jpg

SAM_0197.jpg

SAM_0200.jpg

Nice work! I'm building one of these myself, but I didn't hear about the Kuivalainen PE until recently. I've already finished the kit cockpit and the seats, I'm planning to get some figures anyways, but I'm curious what other parts are in the PE set besides the seatbelts and cockpit panels.

Cheers!

Cheers. There's the wipers, wire cutters, steps and a few other bits. Here's some pictures of the other parts-

SAM_0201.jpg

SAM_0202.jpg

SAM_0203.jpg

SAM_0205.jpg

SAM_0204.jpg

• Like 1

Good stuff here. I have the Navy version of the kit which is the same except for the extra sprue for the maritime parts. But I want to build it as an RNZAF version using Oldmodel Decals. The main stumbling block I have is how to recreate the different filter arrangement on the intakes.

• Like 1

Just another small update. Added a bit of wiring in the cockpit to make it a little more interesting. It could probably do with a bit of a tidy up though when I find time-

SAM_0206.jpg

SAM_0210.jpg

Does this build the same as the Revell Dutch markings version? If I got one I think I would chin the seatbelts off though. I don't have your patience or more probably eyesight for that matter

It looks like Paul J answered that question :) They are a bit on the fiddly side. To be honest, the moulded seatbelts on the cockpit seats are quite good really though.

Good stuff here. I have the Navy version of the kit which is the same except for the extra sprue for the maritime parts. But I want to build it as an RNZAF version using Oldmodel Decals. The main stumbling block I have is how to recreate the different filter arrangement on the intakes.

Cheers Paul. That looks an interesting kit with all the sonar equipment etc in the back. Good luck with managing that one- I look forward to seeing it :thumbsup:

• Like 3

JaseBlade, on 26 Nov 2014 - 1:02 PM, said:

Cheers. There's the wipers, wire cutters, steps and a few other bits. Here's some pictures of the other parts-

Hmm I might just hold off on the PE then...most of those antennas are included with the kit, and the wipers on the canopy are quite detailed from what I remember.

With the PE wipers are you gonna have to get rid of the ones on the canopy or are they meant to fit right on top?

Hmm I might just hold off on the PE then...most of those antennas are included with the kit, and the wipers on the canopy are quite detailed from what I remember.

With the PE wipers are you gonna have to get rid of the ones on the canopy or are they meant to fit right on top?

I mainly just got it for the seatbelts and control panels. The kit parts are quite nicely done really though on the antennas etc. The PE steps look pretty good though.

That's something I've been wondering myself, and I'm not sure whether I'd be able to do a decent job of removing the kit ones. I can't see it looking right if they're stuck over the top either, so they may end up not getting used.

• 1 year later...

After taking quite a break from modelling to concentrate on university and a few other things, it's great to have the time to get back into it again.

Here's an update on the NH90 from the past couple of days-

Clear parts masked ready for priming

20160628_155758.jpg

A coat of Ultimate primer revealed one or two bits that needed more work on them

20160629_165401.jpg

Masking the 3 colour camo was a long job..

20160630_113557.jpg

Just a few little bits to tidy up after painting

20160630_221530.jpg

Painting was done using Revell aqua paints, which I'm really happy with after years of using mostly Humbrol and Revell enamels.

Thanks for looking,

Jason

• Like 8