Spitfire Mk.Vb - Tamiya 1/48

Welcome to BM! That's a really neat and proper Spitfire! Difficult to imagine that it's your third model ever…

And it's good to see that your Spit apparently doesn't use guns with black powder, contrary to some other models you see with thick, black smudges behind the gun ports. ;-)

Someone else mentioned the red crowbar, which would be the only fly in the ointment and easily corrected to green or just steel colour.

Looking forward to seeing more from your workshop soon!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Red crowbar - tsk tsk ;)

They only appear on restored Spits, but apart from that this is a neat effort, for a 3rd model its a very good sign of excellent things to come I'd say!

But who's to say it's not a model of a restored Spit ? ;)

You are a bad man Rob - I hadn't noticed before!!!

I have often seen codes that make me laugh... I am dyslexic so I have a visual mind and see things in a different way to most.

When in the super market with the mrs we both laugh as we enter the freezer section and I spot the Basted Turkey...

I would like to thank you all for your warm welcome!!!

I am glad you like my building and I am sure that with your valuable help I will improve my future buildings.

As far as the crowbar is concerned I admit that I like more the red colored one.

I knew that aluminum or cockpit interior would be the historically correct color but I decided to go with the red one.

It wasn't an intention of mine to build a restored spit... :)

Apart from the fingerprint on the 6th photo it looks spot on.

There's a law in modelling that states you will only spot a fault when you've taken the pictures & posted them!! :banghead:

Pete

Impressive!!! You are right!!! There is a fingertip on the 6th pic. I can tell you that even after I read your post I was staring to the picture for a minute to locate the that... Thanks for noting!!!

Next time I have to be more carefull while I am doing the exhaust stains!!! :)

• Like 1