Revell 1/32 Spitfire (new tool).****FINISHED********

stevej60

I agree with Stix and I'm extra impressed with you guys painting these big birds using only a brush.

I opened the box of mine today, planning to start work on it next week I'm glad I found this thread.

/Erik

• Like 2

I agree with Stix and I'm extra impressed with you guys painting these big birds using only a brush.

I opened the box of mine today, planning to start work on it next week I'm glad I found this thread.

/Erik

Good luck Erik, It really is a trouble free relaxing build,the only area I had an issue with was the long flaps under the wings,if in the up position some

of the ribbed detail needed cutting off to close the gap along the wing,s trailing edge.

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 1

The paint finish looks very nice, that's top level brush painting. It's very impressive how the well the fine surface detail remains.

:goodjob:

Many thanks Jorgen,Revell have done a superb job with the engraving and rivet depth on the kit even the brushed areas which have had three coats

of paint and two sprayed coats of gloss still look right.

/Erik

Same here, I'm about to tackle this one as well.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the feedback,yesterday I got the lower wing roundels on which as you can see meant cutting out a couple of areas due to

lumps and bumps.Those that use decal solutions may not have this issue.Once touched up they look fine,I have now started the long process of

putting a wash in the detailing trying to keep it subtle with a dark gray hope photo 2 gives an idea of the effect.Thanks for looking in.SDC12464800x600_zps750424c0.jpgSDC12466800x600_zps538ec52d.jpg

• Like 2

Looking good Steve. At some point it might be worth you trying one of the decal solutions. I have found the new Humbrol DecalFix to be pretty good on a variety of decals. I was amazed how well the IP decal pulled down onto the Eduard panel for instance. If you do decide to get some make sure you practice on something you aren't bothered about - I heard some solutions can damage some decals.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Hi folks,and thanks for the tips on decal solutions Styx.thought I would spend todays precious model time finishing the wash so here,s a before and

after shot,I will now leave it till tomorrow to thoroughly dry and give the whole airframe a damp sponge and add a few spills and streaks before the

matt coat.Thanks for popping in.

SDC12471800x600_zps04e822f5.jpg

.SDC12468800x600_zps084d58c3.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve. Any progress with this project? I'm looking forward to seeing more of how it looks now.

Kind regards,

Stix

Sorry Styx,missed your post,I have nearly finished her only job left is a quick spray of matt and add the glazing which is painted ready and a few odds

and sods to do so should get finished for Christmas six day run at work and three twelve hour shifts from today really get,s in the way of modelling! I

am just fighting with the Phantoms U/C at the moment so I,ll take a quick snap before I pack up,

• Like 1

Hi Steve. That's great! Thank you for posting the progress photos. You're doing a cracking job! It's looking excellent. I am going to have to have a go at one of those!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulation Steve

Outstanding job Sir, and thanks for all the encouragement on my mini version of the Spitfire.

Cheers Pat

Thanks a lot Pat,the damn thing is finished apart from a few very minor touches had a nightmare with the matt coat,hope to have in RFI Monday.

Hi all,well one final push and this one is there! got the canopy fitted today and the separate windshield painted so all that is left is to fit it(a dry run shows

a nice fit) and paint the mirror and add wire from post to tail,and the odd little touch up here and there.Thanks for all the encouragement and interest

hope to get in RFI soon.

SDC12541800x600_zps4a55948f.jpg

• Like 3

That looks like you've achieved a superb finish on that there Spitfire! Fantastic! Looking forward to the Gallery and RFI posts.

Thanks Stix,nearly there should get in the gallery tomorrow really should have been finished but to be honest I,m overstretching things with this the Revell

USS Chevalier,Old Bill Bus and now A little Airfix P40 for the GB,an hour a day isn,t enough!

• Like 1