Hi all,

First time with a WIP in this section.

Apologies for the title - WOTW purists will probably wonder why I've used the Martian warcry referred to in the original book and the 1970's musical version.

Think it's probably that the album music is currently acting as a mindworm as I work on this....

It's the Pegasus 1/144th scale rendition of the start of the battle in the 1953 film version.

Picked this up at SMW last weekend and thought I'd do it as a quick build, there aren't many parts to this - each Sherman comprises 4 parts, each War Machine 6 parts.

Tanks painted OD, Martian laser blast is a variety of Tamiya clear colours, the War Machines are copper plated already. Any suggestions to improve the blast? Considered lighting effects but can't split the machines without damaging the finish...

15620637518_daa5d173df.jpg

More to follow....

• Like 4

Perhaps you could light the blast from inside the tank - just drill up and fit a red LED in there. I reckon you'd get plenty of glow up the beam as well as at the impact point.

Cheers,

Will

• Like 1

Thanks Will, good suggestion there,

However - I've knuckled down and finished it this weekend....

15676148740_b2c2b1bd95.jpg

I can always revisit the LED idea as it involves the tank rather than the war machine.

An enjoyable (and quick) build.

Shermans painted Tamiya OD, base sprayed in various Vallejo shades and finished off with Woodland scenics materials and games workshop washes, first time I've had a go at scenery in over 30 years.

As for the Tamiya clear paints, where have they been all my life?

They really helped on this project.

• Like 2