1/35 AVF Centurion Mk 5/1 (RAAC)

AVF 1/35 Centurion Mk 5/1 (RAAC in Vietnam)

Weathering done by crushing several pastel crayons to a fine powder, dry mixing together and then dry brushing onto the model. This was all coated afterwards with a matt clearcoat (I prefer using acrylic paints and clearcoats).

PB162807.jpg

PB162806.jpg

PB162805.jpg

PB162804.jpg

PB162803.jpg

PB162802.jpg

PB162801.jpg

PB162800.jpg

PB162799.jpg

PB162798.jpg

All comments/advise welcomed.

• Like 6

They are the kit tracks and they were glued prior to fitting to the model. Glued together with a mixture of poly cement and super glue. Painting them is a major problem. I used a grey undercoat at first, but this started to flake off when dry. So I scrubed the remainder of the grey off, washed the tracks and sprayed them with a Halfords Satin Black. This stuck to them which gave me a key to hold the other paints used. Small sections did flake off (mainly on the outer of the track) but once on the kit they were touched up. To fit the track I left the front idler wheel and arm off, fed the track around the rest of the road wheels, drive wheel and guide wheels, then fitted the front guide wheel on and superglued it into place.

Edited by vulcanxm603

They are the kit tracks and they were glued prior to fitting to the model. Glued together with a mixture of poly cement and super glue. Painting them is a major problem. I used a grey undercoat at first, but this started to flake off when dry. So I scrubed the remainder of the grey off, washed the tracks and sprayed them with a Halfords Satin Black. This stuck to them which gave me a key to hold the other paints used. Small sections did flake off (mainly on the outer of the track) but once on the kit they were touched up. To fit the track I left the front idler wheel and arm off, fed the track around the rest of the road wheels, drive wheel and guide wheels, then fitted the front guide wheel on and superglued it into place.

Ta very muckle for that, much appreciated! :thumbsup2:

I've a Sd.Kfz 251 stalled at the moment and I was thinking about getting some aftermarket tracks for it 'cos I'd heard AFV's ones were a bear to work with.

Thanks again,

Mike. :coolio: