Stew Dapple's Eduard 1/72 Bf110D Profipack - EprGr.210, Boulogne-Ost, Sept 1940

Hey Bob... you read my subtext :lol: ... must not incur the wrath of Max...

Hi Carts... yes I know, sorry about that :D

Thanks Rob, I'm happy with it so far, and I hope you find the paint to be as good as the paint we had in the days of yore :clif:

Sarge, it's a fair cop, Nigel Heath, Duncan B, Col, Harry Lime and myself are all actually the same person, it gets lonely up here in the wilds of Aberdeenshire and I need something to keep ourselves sane.

BTW Rob and Sarge, I don't mind the OT - we are approaching the end now and it is a bit like the post-dinner scenario where we sit with cummerbunds loosened over cigars and coffee... - but at least tell us what this wunderkit is!

Max- sorry to hear you won't have the chance to do any modelling for a few days but it should at least sharpen your appetite for a return to the fray :hobbyhorse:

Cheers,

Stew

I have often wondered if some of them

Cats are the same persons with the regularity of the replies. Be funny if that was true. If not you Aberdeen modellers sure seem to have a good friendly bond and if that's what it is. That's wonderful.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how Col, Harry Lime and myself should take that? There's only one Nigel H (and the World should be thankful) :frantic:

Duncan Heath von Col Lime

Ah its only a joke. I did not read the earlier post from the other member however. It is nice to see a group of people getting along and having a good time. I see people fight all to often in my day to day life it seems a rare event if people get on these days. Especially at work. Man the gossip gets on my nerves.

I am sure your all individuals as if you were all the same person the amount of builds and the standard achieved would challenge an octopus... :)

Cheers Rob ;)

• Like 2

After I recommended it to Steve, I finally broke down and bought two of 'em myself.....They are quite literally the best AFV kit I have ever seen and they cost less than the equivalent model in 1/72 from Dragon, indeed they're only a quid or two dearer than Trumpeter's own 1/72 T-34s. Compared to those kits, the Eduard La-7s and Hellcats are pretty average TBH! :wicked:

But this is very much :offtopic: Sorry Stew! :blush:

Ah its a T-34 is it.... That is one Beautiful machine,. Best not show it me or I will be joining the ranks..

Ah its a T-34 is it.... That is one Beautiful machine,. Best not show it me or I will be joining the ranks..

Oi.....this is supposed to be about beautiful sleek elegant streamlined Bf110s, not horrible smelly clanky rattly slow dirty tanky things!! :)

Max

• Like 2

Haha, nice to see you have been keeping yourselves amused in my absence :lol: - sorry to break up the party but this build is finished now :D

I enjoyed building this kit as well, much as same as the first one but a little quicker as I knew which bits I could coast through and which needed attention (which was very little). The painting part took a little longer due to the mottling but that was offset by a reduction in masking required; swings and roundabouts :)The aerial wire is EZ Line. Aside from the paint and some of the decals used everything else was OOB. The decals were mostly the Eduard ones provided with the kit, the codes and badges were from the Authentic decals set and required a little modification to the unit badge and aircraft nose-art on the right-hand side but apart from that everything was uneventful.

Here is the finished article, more pictures will be uploaded to the gallery shortly:

DSCN1913.jpg

Thanks again to you all for your attention and support :)

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 6

Congratulations again, Stew! Your first build was "clean", your second has bombs, so your third build will likely have bombs and drop tanks... or radar antennas?

You're a source of motivation and inspiration for the rest of us, keep up the good work :fraidnot: hobby :winkgrin: ! V-P

• Like 1

Thanks very much Rob, it is an attractive aeroplane and a lovely kit, I recommend it to you without reservation and I am sure you will enjoy building it if you get one :)

Thank you V-P, thanks very much Max, the next one... will have a stonking great cannon underneath, it will be the C-6 edition :D ... but I am taking the rest of the day off as holiday :lol:

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1

Thanks very much Rob, it is an attractive aeroplane and a lovely kit, I recommend it to you without reservation and I am sure you will enjoy building it if you get one :)

Thank you V-P, thanks very much Max, the next one... will have a stonking great cannon underneath, it will be the C-6 edition :D ... but I am taking the rest of the day off as holiday :lol:

Cheers,

Stew

Yes Its nice to do something different to your normal and I have no Luftwaffe stuff, Shame as I like it, I have a Revell Go Horten 229 on the stash which is just one of the most beautiful looking and alien looking aircraft ever.

It would be nice to build and Eduard to see what all the fuss is about. The Spit Mk9 Appeals very much in 48th.

• Like 1

Thank you very much Duncan, that's very kind of you to say so :)

Rob, yes, if you can pick one of these up cheap it would be worth it - I know what you mean about the Horton/Gotha wing thing too, a strange beast indeed.

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 1