1/72 Eduard Bf110C-1, 1./ZG76, Norway, April 1940

Bf110C-1 M8+FH of 1./ZG76, Norway, April 1940

Finished this yesterday, the Eduard 1/72 Bf110C/D Profipack Edition built for the Bf110 STGB, build thread is here

DSCN1759.jpg

DSCN1760.jpg

DSCN1764.jpg

DSCN1768.jpg

DSCN1771.jpg

DSCN1772.jpg

This aircraft, flown by Unteroffizier Helmut Mütschele and gunner Gefreiter Karl Lorey, was shot down on 09 April 1940 by Sergeant Kristian Fredrik Schye of the Royal Norwegian Air Force, flying Gloster Gladiator No.427. Helmut Mütschele and Karl Lorey survived the crash without injury and were taken as Prisoners of War by Norwegian forces. Minutes later Sergeant Schye was shot down by Leutnant Helmut Lent in the M8+DH - Lent's fifth victory and the one that made him an ace, later he would run up an enormous score as a night-fighter pilot. Sergeant Schye was slightly wounded by cannon shell fragments but was released from hospital after a couple of days.

This was one of the best-engineered kits I have ever built, it was a pleasure pretty much from start to finish and was almost entirely OOB as everything you might need is provided, however I used the Quickboost exhausts as they are nicer than the (perfectly adequate) kit ones, and added the aerial wire from EZ Line - note that the B and C-1 series of the Bf110 had wires attaching to both tailfins, the C-2 onwards had a single aerial wire to the starboard fin.

The paints used were Phoenix Precision Paints RLM 65, 70, 71; the decals were partly kit-provided (national markings, stencils and the 'M8' part of the aircraft's codes), DP Casper (the locomotive badge on the nose, from the markings for Helmut Lent's aircraft in the Operation Weserübung decal set) and Superscale decal sheet 72-722 (the 'FH' of the aircraft's codes).

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 21

Lovley 110, with weathering, just the way I like it. :goodjob: also makes a change to have the glass all closed. On some of my stuff I have considered not sticking down the glass, so all that work involved in the cockpit work, can be seen more easly, in most cases it's lost, when you close up. Still, at least 'We' know ourselves it's there. :)

Edited by Triumph
  • Like 1