Two far east Spitfires

JWM

Hi

Finishing presenting my Spitfires - after posts on Mk I, HF Mk VII (with later added set of photos of Mk IX) and Mk 21 (with Mk XII) - I want to show to far East machines from end of WWII. ON BM there are plenty of much better done models of Spitfires. I know it. But anyway....

First is Seafire MK III from HMS Implacable, August 1945, 880 NAS (pilot - Lt. Cdr R.M. Crosley),

This is a Airfix 1/72 Seafire with some modifications (addition) from scratch.

seafire DSC02684seafire III DSC02753seafire III DSC02752seafire III DSC02689seafire DSC02686seafire DSC02685

Second is LF FR Mk XIV from 611 Sq. RAF SEAC, July 1945. The model is converted from Mk XVIII by MPM (early, short run technology). That one I made in 1996.

spit xiv DSC02743spit xiv DSC02742spit xiv DSC02741spit xiv DSC02678spit xiv DSC02676spit xiV DSC02745spit xiv DSC02675

spit xiv DSC02674

spit xiv DSC02672

Any comments welcomed

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr - not finished!
  • Like 6

Far east markings on a Seafire always look good, even the two tone blue of the juniors has a certain quality. Anyway, even if there are better examples out there it's the enjoyment of the hobby that matters in my book. Keep at it

• Like 2

Hi Jerzy!!!

Those nice models youhave been presenting are great, well done and nicely presented. Even tough they were made in 1990's, both have a freshness spirit, I like the weathering you have done and the version you have chosen, and Even tough you think there are plenty of better done ones here, allthemodels you have shared with us are for me like a Jazz Concert, or an artist's exhibition like a painter or sculptor: work right out from the artist's hands!!!! Congratulations for your masterworks!!!

Thank you very much for sharing,

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

PD: BTW I am listening to BASIA best songs right now....;)

• Like 1