Would I be hanged/hung/filled with bananas if.....

logical

Bung it in the Sci Fi thread & the rivet counters

will never find it! Great idea. Is it done yet?

I'm not even home yet! :-D

Then I have a Tornado GR1, a red arrows hawk, a hurricane, a tiffin, 2 Mig-29's, an F-16, 2 p-51's, a p-47, a eurofighter and a Tornado Ids to do ;-)

But first to sneak it in the house.

Edited by logical
  • Like 1

Certainly given the wailing and gnashing of teeth about a soulless explosion merchant, for mere money, despoiling an innocent children's cartoon aimed only at giving joy and selling billions of dollars worth of folding plastic toys, one does run a risk from that quarter.

You might be 'hanged' - but I doubt it.

Tripehound

Head of Pedantry

Has someone been watching Sherlock by any chance?

I for one would like to see this painted as starscream. Just doing stuff oob can be dull at times.

Well I've bought the red, grey and blueypurple paints. Along with a clear yellow for the canonpy. So once I've got my Tonka out of the way it's all go :) Where could I get the decals made up for the Decepticon logos?

• 2 weeks later...

Right. This has been started. I'd like to say in earnest but he wasn't quite accommodating enough.

Main issues I forsee.

1. what will be best purple to paint Decepticon logos in. Is purple paint even available?

2. Out of the stock parts how can I make the weapons? I'm thinking hacking the Aim9's up but what to splice them to?

This is what they look like on the toy.

IMG_20141125_180755_zpscf9lzllf.jpg

Edited by logical

Tamiya sell purple paint that look similar to the decepticon logo. Humbrol do a purple too. I know it is a light colour, but there may be a darker version too.

Edited by Roo

Games Workshop certainly sold purple paints back when I was playing with Space Marines. They did (and probably still do) a lot more bright colours than your typical "serious" model paint producers do.

I'm not sure about the ordnance, maybe dress up the drop tanks or some large bombs with various bits nabbed from the other weapons?