Hawker Hunter T.8M 1/32

gishuk

• 2 weeks later...

Made a start on the decals. The kits roundels had some white border printing error going on so I got some Xtradecal roundels to replace them. The Fisher decals from the conversion set are fantastic though, probably the best decals ive ever used.

Unfortunately they do not include the warning triangles and rescue arrow which are very distinctive on the nose of this scheme, and the kit ones are not at all the same. Going to have to raid the spare decals box and see if I can get something close.

Apart from that I just need to put all the stencils on. Tried a couple to see how they go on, and the kit decals seem to sit down nicely with no flash so it should be straightforward, if a little tedious to get that done.

005_zpssxtxbgcb.jpg

009_zpsaqld0zet.jpg

006_zpsflma6bdo.jpg

• Like 4

This is looking really good I plan to build another Hunter as a FRADU T.8C when I've finished my F.6. I almost regret not purchasing this conversion as well.

This is looking really good I plan to build another Hunter as a FRADU T.8C when I've finished my F.6. I almost regret not purchasing this conversion as well.

It definitely gets my recommendation :goodjob:

Ooh, yummy.

That airframe appears in my logbook! (I held over with 899 in 1985 while waiting for my Bullfrog course to start. Alas, a coursemate of mine was killed in a Harrier T4 crash while were there, along with Andy George, the Squadron MTP... which kind of took the gloss off it. But even so I am chuffed to have ANY Hunter in my past!)

• 1 month later...

This looks better and better every time I look at it,...the EDSG/White scheme looks stunning, but I must admit to having a slight personal preferrence for overall gloss grey on RN Hunters,.....wasn`t it Dark Sea Grey? What do I know eh,.........I`d love to see this one for real when it is finished as it must look fabulous and so very big?

Ooh, yummy.

That airframe appears in my logbook! (I held over with 899 in 1985 while waiting for my Bullfrog course to start. Alas, a coursemate of mine was killed in a Harrier T4 crash while were there, along with Andy George, the Squadron MTP... which kind of took the gloss off it. But even so I am chuffed to have ANY Hunter in my past!)

Was that the light grey coloured T.4 with the RAF camouflaged wings? It is tragic when friends are killed in training.

Cheers

Tony

Was that the light grey coloured T.4 with the RAF camouflaged wings? It is tragic when friends are killed in training.

Cheers

Tony

If I recall right, it was a standard T4 with normal RN grey, but I may be wrong. ZB606, crashed 7 Feb 1985, both occupants killed