Yamaha XV1000 Virago (Tamiya 1/12)

John.R

Hello,

With the recent loss of the stash I've been at a bit of a loose end and unsure what about purchasing any kits again to build.

I purchased this kit today from the local model shop as I'd been eyeing it up for quite a while now, but never felt as if i could pull it off at all as to me it was out of my comfort zone completely, enough of me babbling on here are the box and sprue shots:

sm36h0.jpg

n20r9g.jpg

2cyp7l.jpg

9qy9ty.jpg

The box art and instructions call for this to be a maroon type scheme, but from googling and seeing quite a few at various bike meets, I'm debating on going for the Black tank & fairings, with Gold & Silver rims.

Thanks for Looking!

Couldn't have picked a nicer kit IMHO. I've built two of these so far (well, built one and butchered another) and it just falls together. Paint parts, put them in the box, add glue, shake and voila! Built kit. :speak_cool:

A word of caution though, the tank will have a horrible seam when you put it together, so try and get it as close as possible to avoid excess sanding and filling later on.

Odd.

Thanks for the comments :D

Here is a quick update on where I'm at with this:

Frame has been lightly painted in Humbrol 85 Coal Satin Black complete with the tank and seat, possibly may go over the seat with either a gloss black or for something different a flat black:

b533gy.jpg

2ijs2l2.jpg

j8nwpy.jpg

Engine has been brush painted Tamiya XF-16 Flat Aluminium, and needs perhaps one more coat before its finished, here I've temporarily mounted the Cylinder Heads to which I've painted the bottom half in a Tamiya Flat Black:
i6e74j.jpg

Quick shot of the bits mounted into place until the morning:
mcq5h3.jpg

I feel though I'm unable to bring out the chrome any more than it already is, so apart from the final coat of paint on the engine/frame/tank/wheel's this seems to be progressing quite quickly!

Thanks for Looking!

• Like 1

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in updating this, and also I apologise for the photo's as I took them on my old HTC One S.

Temp fitted the engine into the frame again, as a couple of people on facebook wanted me to show them how it was coming along:
2a7bzaq.jpg
2sal7ww.jpg
Front & Back Wheel:

242x72b.jpg
10nde83.jpg

Engine in and fitted with the two screws provided:
5y96wg.jpg

Front Lights & Indicators built up and fitted:
hvtkwm.jpg

Rear light fitted:
2po4q54.jpg

Hopefully once I've finished with the front section & the rear drum brake etc I should have this completed!

Thanks for Looking!

• Like 1