Revell 1/144 fletcher class destroyer

stevej60

That's looking good Steve. I especially like that you are building it out of the box, with no aftermarket parts, and it shows how good these kits build up 'as is'. I think the wheelie-bin base could do with being in a different colour though! :hmmm:

Excellent work :thumbsup:

Mike

Thanks mike,sadly Blue is Durhams re-cycle colour! I love the superb ships I see posted with all the etched sets that really set them apart but I have not

the skill or patience for etch,I,m using evergreen strip rather than the thread supplied you can just see a test area on the starboard side between her

funnels.

Great job here on this monster Destroyer Steve.

I assume you will be drilling out the gun barrels later.

She's a fine ship and good luck on your build.

Foxy :coolio:

Sadly my skills don,rt go that far Foxy,but I will be trying to do something!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, well I thought it time to get her down off the wardrobe and carry on with the build.with most of the sub-assemblies done and put away for now

time to get the long and time consuming ships rails fitted.as I said earlier I don,t do etch and thought the evergreen strip looks better than thread so

I am going to make an effort to keep pushing ahead with this build.Thanks for looking in.

SDC12680640x480_zps941e1203.jpgSDC12681640x480_zps4b685694.jpg

• Like 5

Have you airbrushed the decks or hairy sticked them? I'm stuck as to how to effectivly paint mine. I tried a couple of sections all built up to then paint. But thought the decks and the walls would need a lot of masking up

Have you airbrushed the decks or hairy sticked them? I'm stuck as to how to effectivly paint mine. I tried a couple of sections all built up to then paint. But thought the decks and the walls would need a lot of masking up

Airbrushed the decks and all the supersructure was sprayed and weathered on the sprue,there was no warping of the parts at all so they sat perfectly in place

and after running liquid poly on the inside bonded really well.

Both of you are right as far as the railings are concerned, thread and copper wire are ideal for steel cable railings, evergreen for solid bar railing and possibly chain type railing using the finest link anchor chain for models, though I think maybe to heavy for 1/144.

• Like 1

This is a lovely build, one I am tempted to do myself but space would be an issue :(

Thanks Dave,not much done since Christmas after a good start I was struggling to keep up the momentum,but that,s the beauty of these big ships no need to

hurry and you can dip in and out of the build when the mood takes you.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Dave,not much done since Christmas after a good start I was struggling to keep up the momentum,but that,s the beauty of these big ships no need to

hurry and you can dip in and out of the build when the mood takes you.

any chance of the mood taking you any time soon, I was really enjoying this build.

• Like 1

any chance of the mood taking you any time soon, I was really enjoying this build.

Yes,I must get a bit more done soon,the railing work needed to be done on the mid decking before I could fix in place the funnel,s torpedo tubes etc

and I lost a bit of interest I will get the box down Monday for an update.

• Like 2

Nonsense Darby, how can you both be married to the same woman?

and is,t Darby the lucky one! :evil_laugh:

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 2

• 3 months later...

Hi folks,many apologies for the length of time since any work was done on this project it really was those railings that did my head in! anyway

as promised Tuesday is "Fletcher" day so this morning has seen a head down get the railing posts done session which I,ve managed! so a

couple of shots to show her size as opposed to the size of my work table,and said posts in place you know I could get right back into this

as a rest from the up coming BoB GB!.Thanks for looking in.

SDC13615%20640x465_zpsno5bw8xx.jpgSDC13616%20640x466_zpssd9yecuy.jpg

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 10