IPMS Canada 50th Anniversary decals!

bobmig

I thought you might find it interesting to see a pic of IPMS Canada's (www.ipmscanada.com) 50th anniversary decals being printed. These are being done by David Winter at Canuck Model Products, and this photo apparently shows the sheets about 1/3 done. If you look closely you can see that the white, yellow, Sky, Medium Sea Grey, and Dull Red are already printed. It's a large sheet - about 8" x 12 1/2". My involvement was the artwork (and some of the research), which I donated to IPMS Canada. These will be sent out free to all members early in December.

ipmsdecals.jpg

• Like 2

Very interesting Bob, thanks for posting.

My curiosity piqued, I'm now off to the IPMS Canada site to find out about the contents and see if there'll be any available to purchase by non-Canadians.

Andrew.

Very interesting Bob, thanks for posting.

My curiosity piqued, I'm now off to the IPMS Canada site to find out about the contents and see if there'll be any available to purchase by non-Canadians.

The aircraft markings (supplied in 1/48 & 1/72) are for a WW I "Victory Bond" drive Curtiss JN-4 (Can); a 303 Sqn. Hurricane flown by John Kent (aka Johnny Kentowski); a 421 Sqn Spit Mk. XVI as flown by Stan Turner; a Sabre Mk. 5 from 441 Sqn. with some special 'rat' markings; and a DH Vampire F.3 of 402 "City of Winnipeg" Sqn. with the city arms on the nose.

There are also vehicle markings which I don't have illustrations for. These include 1/35 and 1/48 markings for a post-war Canadian Army Centurion; two WW II Shermans in Europe; and a very colourful post VE Day RCAF Jeep in Denmark.

The decals will be sent to all IPMS Canada members - none will be sold. However… as they are supplied in various scales and include both aircraft and armour, I'm sure there will be a lot of trading/selling going on as some will undoubtedly want to dispose of the scales or subjects that they're not especially interested in.

schemes.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks again Bob,

Your explanation and illustrations are much appreciated. I'll be on the lookout for any offers of the 1/72 scale aircraft portion; I like the Spitfire and Sabre options in particular.

cheers,

Andrew.

Bob.....

:wow:

Those photos et al are tremendously sweet looking. .

going to check it and pass on the link to MY buddies in good ole Canada cuz

I know they won't have seen it being non Internet savvy!

Thank you for sharing. .

HAPPY 50TH BIRTHDAY :beer:

Edited by HOUSTON

I'd love the Curtiss Jenny portion. I ahve a 1/72 Olimp IJ kit that would wear rhese markings nicely. And I am aware of the necessary mods to the kit to make it a Canuck.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...

Resurrecting this thread from the far past, is there any chance Bob that you would have a copy of the instructions for the options that were on this sheet?  I recently came into possession of the 1/72 portion of this sheet.  Thanks. 

10 hours ago, Wm Blecky said:

Resurrecting this thread from the far past, is there any chance Bob that you would have a copy of the instructions for the options that were on this sheet?  I recently came into possession of the 1/72 portion of this sheet.  Thanks. 

There was no instruction sheet per se, William. The decal sheet was sent out to all then current IPMS Canada members, and the issue of our publication, RT, in which it was sent served as the instructions. I've extracted the relevant pages from that issue (Vol. 36, No. 4) and you can view a PDF here: http://www.iliad-design.com/misc/50th.pdf

• Thanks 1