Savoia SM 81 Pipistrello, Spanish Civil War, Supermodel 1/72

JWM

Hi,

First time I am posting an Italian airplane from my shelf. This is Savoia Marchetti, SM.81 Pipistrello, made out of Supermodel kit in 1/72. The painting scheme is from Profile Publication No. 146. Accordingly to the description there, she served in 210 Sq. B.T, XXV Gruppo B.T., Aviacion del Tercio, Baelari, Spain 1937. In this book there is only a one (left) side view, so the upper surfaces and the right side is just my guess, since I did not have a photo of it. I made model in 1995, so there was so easily access to photos as today, by net. However, today I was searching if there are no photos of this particular machine available, but I failed with finding.

Instead I found the Profile. It can be seen here:

http://www.boxartden.com/gallery/index.php/Profiles/Aircraft-Profiles/Italy/Savoia-Marchetti-SM-81-146/Savoia-Marchetti-SM81-146-_Page_02-960

Decals are from drawer and some are home made (painted)

This is a free hand painting using brush, matt coat added yesterday (Vallejo acryl) :)

Any comments welcomed

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

sm81 DSC02653sm81 DSC02657sm81 DSC02656sm81 DSC02655sm81 DSC02654

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr
  • Like 24

Wow! Brilliant job on the paint scheme - and what a wild paint scheme! I've always loved Spanish Civil War aircraft. Before I got on my current years-long Eastern Front build, I used to buy and even build many Spanish Civil War aircraft. Some day I'll take that up again (I even had the SM.81, but I don't know where it is now).

Regards,

Jason

• Like 1

Was it glossy before you covered it in flat clear

No, it was basicly matt, but without any varnish, so decals, and each colour had a bit different reflection properties ... The matt varnish will protect also decals for next years, I hope. :)

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

Hi Jerzy!!!

Here we have a true and real show stopper!!! A real example of true dedication to follow the objective in modeling work!!

Those nice models you do, without offending anyone here, for me deserve a publication that I'll name "The Special and Wonderful models of Jerzy"....sure as you have seen, I like a lot the time frame of all the modeling subjects you have published here, as the wonderful and marvelous art expression and creativity you display really deserve a Hat's off salute and Standing Ovation!!!

I have the strong Idea that you are a very well talented and fullof patience person, I have seen something about this nice plane and the next time I'll se her in the Italeri/Revell exclusive dealer here, sure they willbe grateful to you as I willrush to buy at least one,

Thank you very much for sharing!!!

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso

Thank you really very much Luis Alfonso for such nice to me applause! :) - Many thanks also to Jason and Thomas for very kind and friendly comments, and to other mates, who like the post on Savoia.

I appretiate it very much - then I will keep posting next photos of models... :bouncy:

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Like 1

HEY JERZY:

I forgot to say something:

I was so happy also following the link you posted to watch the Profile # 46 and downloading two or three more that I forgot to say thanks for it!!!! Thank you very much for sharing this nice site with all the profiles, a real gold mine for old timers as me!!!

Cheers!!!

Luis Alfonso

• Like 1

Thank you very much Georgeusa, Luis, The_Lancaster, Joachim and Beard for so much positive comments. I appreciate it very much.

Please keep them coming.

So far I post photos of about 70 models - this is just below 25% of the shelf content.... :)

But from Spanish Civil War I already showed majority of what I made (up to now) from that war theatre...

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Like 1

Thank you very much Georgeusa, Luis, The_Lancaster, Joachim and Beard for so much positive comments. I appreciate it very much.

So far I post photos of about 70 models - this is just below 25% of the shelf content.... :)

But from Spanish Civil War I already showed majority of what I made (up to now) from that war theatre...

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

Hey Jerzy!!!

I can only imagine how wonderful your shelves can look....a real dream come true!!! If you have run out of subjects of Spanish Civil War, you can give us the pleasure of watch anything you want as a çn expert tour guide to your nice showcase, as I can figure that anything you post here is viewed and enjoyed like a near miracle build, a real masterwork!!!

Cheers!!!!

Thank you very much Pascal, Abacus, Goldfingers, Luis, Mark, Les Moore and Winenut for you so nice comments. I am very glad that you like it :) I am also very grateful to many other visitors or spectators for their "likes".

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

• 4 weeks later...