1/72 new tool Heinkel He-111P2 from Airfix in 2015

KoenL

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe Airfix were intending on re-popping the old one before deciding on re-tooling? It's the right mark for that. :hmmm:

'Course, they might decide to do new one, but that would mean tooling a new fuselage sprue as well as the engines.

Mike. :shrug:

Edited by MikeR

I gather - I didn't look for myself at Telford - that the new kit is broken down to make the production of later marks easy. Whether this is true for the upper fuselage decking I don't know. Did anyone notice this point? Given their tendency to do multiple boxings of new kits, I suspect that an H isn't too far away. So perhaps this is indeed a hint? Maybe.

Nice box art for the 111, but isn't there something wrong with the top turret in that picture?

K

I'm not one to pick at art work, but I have to agree... never seen that type of turret on a He-111?

I'm not one to pick at art work, but I have to agree... never seen that type of turret on a He-111?

I have the AJ Press profile on the He - 111, which shows an a/c in very similar markings ( Possibly the same unit ? ) which has that type of turret, which was fitted to the He - 11H 20 - 22 series.

If I remember correctly the original Airfix kit was of this mark. HTH. :cheers:

The colour scheme was normal for the end of the war, although the aircraft were more generally in use as transports rather than bombers. The waist guns were added after early losses in the Battles of France and Britain, the bomber being considered as under-defended.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Is that a Blackburn Skua l see? Hmmm are we getting one from Airfix?

Edited by hacker
  • Like 2