This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
JWM

Bucker Bu-181 Bestmann, Huma 1/72 (conv.)

Hi again - this is my second post today. A German airplane. Bucker B.181 Bestmann. This was a trainer, however during late phase of Reich defense in 1945 it was converted to a tank buster by adding 4 Panzerfaus (bazooka?) - anti tank weapon used normally by troops. A bit similar to mounting 2 machine guns on top of wings of Yakovlev UT-1, which I post here a couple weeks ago.

This particular machine was flown by Hauptmann Hubertus Jennes a leader (Kommandofuhrer) of Nachtschlachtkommando 9 in Perleberg, North Germany, April 1945.

I made it from Huma kit in 2006 (my record year - I made 24 models in that year), scratch modifications and with small reshaping of Huma tail, as I remeber.. Now there is RS kit of with exactly the same I think markings...

Here it is:

bu 181 DSC02633bu 181 DSC02630bu 181 DSC02631bu 181 DSC02632bu 181 DSC02634bu 181 DSC02636

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

Edited by JWM
Switch to Flickr

Very interesting aircraft. As you stated correctly, there are "Panzerfaust" mounted (i think Panzerfaust 150, the biggest ones available. They were a lighter weapon than the bazooka (it was handled by one man, unlike the bazooka). Thanks for sharing.

Nice job, I've a kit of this, AZ I think but its without the detail yours have, I'll happily refer to this for help. Thanks.

Steve.

Thank you Ben, "Luftwaffe", Vesa and Steve for very nice comments.

Were the Panzerfausts scratch built?

Yes, plans I have from net and about the colour I asked my father nad uncle, who were boys during WWII...

I just wonder how useful this concept was

Perhaps not too much since it was not reproduced then.

AZ I think but its without the detail yours have, I'll happily refer to this for help

I wrote that there is newer than Huma kit is from RS, but indeed it is from AZ. I have somwhere an article about this conversion (in nature, not the model) - i will try to dig for it.

i think Panzerfaust 150, the biggest ones available

I think so - as far as I remember

Cheers

Jezry-Wojtek

Lovely little conversion which depicts the madness and desperation that was prevalent in Germany during the last days of the War.

Duncan B

Hi Jerzy:

I have a soft spot in my heart for light planes and "sheep with wolf skins" as I liked to name those lightplanes with military use.

I have nearly killed someone for this Huma Kit, in 1990's I had ordered it many times but the good souls of <Squadron haven't hat it anytime I ordered, but well, until some two years ago i found one in Ebay and rushed for the joy of having that...... I'm happy with it.....I hope I will make it as an Egyptian Gomhouria....but looking yours, mayabe have to look for another as this one really have the spirit of a story to be telled and as usual, another masterpiece of your collection shared with us.

Thank you very much for sharing,

Cheers,

Luis Alfonso