Wingnut Wings Sopwith Triplane

Hi - just finished this for the WW1 group build. WNW's excellent model with Aviattic and Pheons equally excellent decals.

Build thread is here which explains it all :)http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234964020-wnw-sopwith-triplane-8-squadron-royal-naval-air-service/

Finished in markings of 8 Squadron RNAS.

If you are at Telford this weekend it will on display at the Pheon / Aviattic stand - so pop over and say hi.

Cheers

Jonners

P1060133_zps9dc5bffb.jpg

P1060137_zpsbfb7bced.jpg

P1060146_zps6fae6f65.jpg

P1060150_zps0f36c1e1.jpg

P1060151_zps4fdeaae5.jpg

• Like 23

Absolutely splendid ! always amazed about the incredible skill needed for a ww1 model...

fantastic !

olivier

Jon's is a beauty, but you don't need much skill to get a good result with a WNW kit. If you can build a model you can build one of theirs. The wings align perfectly and the rigging is just a matter of patience. I have built the EIII, Pup and have the Snipe under way, my Triplane after that.

• Like 1

Great stuff Jonners and I love the scarf! I didn`t get as far as the Pheon stand so didn`t manage to see it for real,...which is a bit of a bummer! You`ve made a lovely job of it mate,

Well done,

Tony

Cheers everyone - it was a very enjoyable build, and the decals certainly help to make the PC10 finish look a little more, well less dull! LOL

Have to admit - Im really chuffed with the scarf too! I think it just makes the model come alive a little.

Another outstanding build Jonners, The underside oil/mud staining is fantatsic, it looks exactly right.

Whats on the bench next?

Cheers

John

Viking - as well as trying to get the Hannover finished finally, my next biplane will be the Nieuport 16 using the SH Nieuport 11 converted ( Telford buy!). Im planning on using some forthcoming decals, but I wont tell you what the scheme is yet, so you can have a ball guessing! :)

Cheers

Jonners

Brilliant! And with the stick slightly to starboard too. Because it's an RNAS machine I'm totally biased but you have made an exceptionally nice model. Well done! :clap: