1/72 Indian Naval Air Squadron Ka-25 ASW helicopter

My latest model is this Indian Navy's Ka-25 ASW helo. Built this coaxial rotored anti-submarine warfare bird based in Visakhapatnam (Vizag). These were purchased from Soviet Union back in 1980.These were ex Soviet Navy helos. It operated from two naval bases in India. One is in the west coast of India Dabolim and the other from east coast Vizag. My bird depicts the later.

I had to mix the variant A and B in kit instructions to make an accurate Indian variant. Decals are home made and the paint used was Model Master medium grey. Weathering done with oils.I wanted to make it little more dirtier than the real ones . These helos operated from the Kashin II class destroyers like INS Rajput.

It is a very small model in 1/72 scale. It is a very small aircraft and very small in 1/72 scale.See size comparison photo next to a SD card.Added some fuel lines with copper wire. I tried to vary the colors in radome and fuel tanks to show some fading.

Hope you like it

IMG_9038_zpsa4bc66a2.jpg

IMG_9039_zpscb1a0d89.jpg

IMG_9040_zpsf26af32f.jpg

IMG_9041_zps91841c0a.jpg

IMG_9042_zps84838db4.jpg

Thanks

Vivek

• Like 19

Anybody who flies one of these must be insane.

Whatever makes you say that? A coaxial rotor machine is much safer than a tailrotor one, that only needs one hit in the tail to become uncontrollable. Also, the coax machine is more stable in windy conditions and easier to fly.

This from a very experienced Agusta Bell 206 pilot cum certified mechanic cum helicopter renovator…

Kind regards,

Joachim

A nice looking coaxial helo, looks the biz. :goodjob:

Any problems with making your own decals as I plan to do a bit of this with the lack of decal options?

No. The decal making was straight forward. Friend of mine sized the image for me and I printed it in clear decal sheets from testor on regular inkjet printer . Please let me know if you need any help with this.

Nice work. Presumably the Airfix kit.

Thanks. MPC kit. I think it was reboxed by Airfix..