Mals Way Quicky...BF109E1 with a diorama...just fun build nothing else

Allright....where to start...

This got number 13:2 (my thirtens finnished model and my second diorama) i keep them numbered since my restart approx 2,5 years ago, havent builded in 19-20 years,
some of you allready know that, but i keep them numbered in chrnological order.

The kit is Eduard BF109E1 1:32 Profipak, the kit got many resemblies to a short run, but nothing serious that i couldn handle, this one is oob build, and it were a quicky fun relax build, i decided to paint all them crosses including the swastika, since the kit did not contain that, and them decal crosses were far to small on the wings,many know that i paint everything that i can paint,

Made a diorama for this one, the pilot is various parts, Verlinden and hasegawa, and some various scratchwork, as the table and the pilots sunchair.

Hte situation is 1940 on small island called Wangerroge, pilot Kurt Ubben sitting relaxing with a cup of coffe, waiting to get his aircraft ready, only cowlings need to be in place...reason for engine change is that earlier he got a hit on the engine going back home and he is lycky to get home, as can see the shell hole on the old engine cowling.

IMG_0293_zps39b8e542.jpg

IMG_0292_zps43db3d1c.jpg

IMG_0291_zps8b240066.jpg

IMG_0290_zpsc4cf451e.jpg

IMG_0289_zpsf75c099e.jpg

IMG_0288_zpsd0b4f23a.jpg

IMG_0287_zpsfd8fc92a.jpg

IMG_0286_zps21dba369.jpg

IMG_0285_zps0dcd4dbf.jpg

IMG_0273_zpsa8d17c6a.jpg

IMG_0271_zps231bc506.jpg

IMG_0270_zpsd2c91742.jpg

IMG_0269_zpsd0967d12.jpg

IMG_0265_zps73aacb23.jpg

IMG_0264_zpsb2377b49.jpg

IMG_0251_zps4c00bd3a.jpg

IMG_0250_zps8f3de279.jpg

IMG_0247_zps311133f0.jpg

Maybe not 100% right, but its good enough for me.

/Mal

• Like 15

Great aeroplane and dio but I think I like that little utility cart the best - really excellent work. Have I seen that somewhere before in one of your WIPs?

Great work as ever Mal.

Cheers,

Roger

Edit - I posted this just as you were adding more pictures - I like what you've done with that red oil barrel!

Great aeroplane and dio but I think I like that little utility cart the best - really excellent work. Have I seen that somewhere before in one of your WIPs?

Great work as ever Mal.

Cheers,

Roger

Edit - I posted this just as you were adding more pictures - I like what you've done with that red oil barrel!

Yes you have.....

It is also on my Sturmbock Diorama ;)

/Mal

Thanks Parabat.

I had an idea what i wanted and a story in way ;) what if situation and so on, the story i a Mals fiction, wanted to create a situation and what happened before and the relaxed situation after...yep Kurt were lucky to get home and land with that hit on the engine....and its replaced and he is waiting to get in the air again.... ;) meanwhile taking a cup of coffe with schnaps in it...yeah imagnine the feel hey im lucky...

/Mal

• Like 1

Very neat and evocative diorama! An excellent demonstration of how time and talent devoted to the environment works wonders adding 'life' to a scale model.

Since you were not overly concerned with authenticity, as stated, I won't complain about the ailerons not being drooped some 11Ā° even though the flaps are fully deployed. ;-)

IMHO, the structure of the fabric covered surfaces is unnecessarily emphasised, since it was hardly visible even on the full scale originalā€¦

Beautiful work all around!

Kind regards,

Joachim

• Like 1

Very neat and evocative diorama! An excellent demonstration of how time and talent devoted to the environment works wonders adding 'life' to a scale model.

Since you were not overly concerned with authenticity, as stated, I won't complain about the ailerons not being drooped some 11Ā° even though the flaps are fully deployed. ;-)

IMHO, the structure of the fabric covered surfaces is unnecessarily emphasised, since it was hardly visible even on the full scale originalā€¦

Beautiful work all around!

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thanks Joachim.

This build were a relax build, and fun, i know that is is not 100% right, that were never the purpose, as i felt i needed to come away from my FW190 A8 R2 Sturmbock a little while (Hasegawa) lots of scratchwork, reading books (got FW190 Vol1 and 3)and so on...

IMG_6636_zps57a5fd8f.jpg

IMG_6633_zps4f8d0fcf.jpg

IMG_6665_zps38a720f0.jpg

IMG_66681_zps93605407.jpg

IMG_6617_zps1a66755a.jpg

IMG_6614_zpsc7b2e075.jpg

IMG_6536_zps53a0ca06.jpg

IMG_6578_zpsd4dac5b0.jpg

IMG_65821_zps7ec542f0.jpg

One previous finnished Sturmbock Hasegawa 1:32 FW190A8 converted in to a R2

IMG_1703_zps58650bb8.jpg

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford
  • Like 4

Excellent, have never seen figure that scale with such a life like face!

Thanks Evo.

That figure above is my third ive ever made/finnished....lots of error and trial...pant and strip....paint and strip...thre four times...

my second figure that is on my previous diorama..all them legs/back and arms are adjusted by cutting in them

IMG_6314_zpsce669457.jpg

Figures is shure something complete different to paint...but geez it is fun...

/Mal

Edited by Mal_Belford
  • Like 3

Mal,

I have thoroughly enjoyed your Diorama build and its absolutely INCREDIBLE with the small touches that makes your diorama come alive.

the minute detailed little touches stand out as does your Aircraft...BEAUSTIFUL Bf 109 ..

the pilot figure is EXCEPTIONAL looking and with his deck chair gives the diorama a relaxed look .. :pipe::clap::Tasty:

JUST GORGEOUS.. :heart::heart::heart:

KUDOS :mike:

TThans all for them nice coments.

Ill for shure do more og theese recreation builds between other builds....i think it good to take breaks from major buiƶd projects if it takes energy...anf lower the bar a few notches and relax and have fun, as onr mentioned earlier ;)....

I wont be building now for a while since im doing a complete overhaul of one bedroom....my two daughtet have movrd out ;) .started to plaster the old tapestry joints.....and it started to "bubble".....oh well....that means strip it all down to the wall ;)....7 layers and two plaster layers....

yep...there is only one thing to do...do it.properly...using steam too...also will do a new floor ;)

Lets say scale 1:1

vqp7ih.jpg

But ill return soon with builds

/Mal

• Like 1