Could use some helpful info on M4 Sherman tank for 1944'ish Europe

Decoman

I am thinking of maybe contributing to modding a computer game, and apparently a M4 Sherman tank on "the western front" is required.

As much fun it is to use the internet to research a subject, I thought I'd try to open up for suggestions for what might pass as a casual M4 Sherman in Europe in 1944, detailing wise.

If you have some opinions about this subject matter or just some general tips, feel free to comment on it.

Bonus question: I am also curious to learn what other possible tanks were used by US Army in Europe around 1944. Be it light tanks, tank destroyers or what not.

I would think that really odd and and rare variants aren't that interesting for this project.

I'll have to do a little research on this, but I'd appreciate to learn about interesting detail that otherwise might be or might not be, suitable for this particular scenario in Europe. :) This is both for the exterior and the interior of the tank.

No need to write exhaustively, but I'd appreciate if I could maybe get a little help to nail down the basic stuff.

Given that the end result is not to be photorealistic, attention to certain minute things might be impractical to represent with a 3d polygon model to be used in a game mod.

Something I have to find out about is:

- suspension type/variant

- turret type/variant

- track type/variant

- cannon type/variant(s)

- coloring exterior/interior

- accessories (jerry cans, camo, towing wire)

- any detailing related to the winter and summer season

- special armor plating variant(s) or any added armor

Edited by Decoman

Initial knowledge:

M4A1 (75mm gun) Vertical Volute Spring Suspension, 97 projectiles

M4A2 (75mm gun)Vertical Volute Spring Suspension, 97 projectiles

M4A3 (75mm gun) Vertical Volute Spring Suspension, 97 projectiles

M4A3E2 Jumbo (75mm gun) 106 projectiles stored on tank, .50 machinegun on turret, .30 machinegun coaxial, .30 machinegun front right, Vertical Volute Spring Suspension, (arrived to Europe theater late 1944), larger turret

M4A4 Firefly (76.2mm gun) About 2000 produced.

M26 Pershing (Arrived to Europe theater in 1945) (90mm gun)

Light Tanks - M5 Stuart(37mm gun) and from September 1944 M24 Chaffee(75mm gun).

Tank Destroyers - M10(76mm gun), M36(90mm gun) both on modified M4 hulls and M18(76mm gun)(on modified M24 hull).

Self Propelled AA - M15(37mm autocannon with twin co-ax 12.7mm HMG), M16 and M17(Quad 12.7mm HMG). All were on the M3 half track hull.