1/32 Trumpeter Dauntless

Hello all,

Taken me ages to finish as life got in the way and I had a few dips in enthusiasm, but got there in the end.

A nice model from Trumpeter - everything fits pretty well. Not Tamiya etc, but definitely worth a go if you like the subject... Montex Masks and Eduard BigEd used

imagejpg1-3.jpg

imagejpg3-3.jpg

imagejpg6.jpg

imagejpg7.jpg

imagejpg2-3.jpg

imagejpg5-2.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Guy

• Like 14

This paintjob is stunning :shocked: Haven't seen this realistic wear effects yet. How did you do this, with the normal hairspray method? I'm also impressed by the many different color shades you brought into the surface. Simply amazing overall!

Thanks for all the nice comments :)

This paintjob is stunning :shocked: Haven't seen this realistic wear effects yet. How did you do this, with the normal hairspray method? I'm also impressed by the many different colour shades you brought into the surface. Simply amazing overall!

Thanks Thomas... I went for a different process this time as I find the hairspray method a little difficult to control (more practice required!)

Using acrylics:

1. Spray of aluminium around the main wear areas

2. Over sprayed with light green for the primer

3. Medium blue overall

4. Light grey blue overall

In between each coat a spray of enamel based clear to protect and after each new colour - gently rub away with a damp cloth or cotton bud (thinners) for the desired wear effect.

The start of the process is on the build log...

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234966089-132-dauntless/

Hope that makes sense...

Guy