JU-88G-6 1/48 Dragon

G`day Chaps:

I`m trying to convince my Loved One (and myself) that I`m still a modeller and not a collector,

So here you have it, the second model I finish this year!

JU-88G-6 1/48 Dragon.

I bought this kit partially build on Trademe (local ebay) at a good price,

It was painted with Vallejo and weathered with dry pastels.

It has been a model of firsts, as I had never done a mottling before (need more practise) and had never tried dry pastels.

Very nice kit. The only problem I had were the decals, they disintegrated so I had a go at DIY decals (need more practice too).

Hope you like it.

15523144480_3cdc555f7e_h.jpg7 by adrianmunozm, on Flickr

15709574402_5990f13157_h.jpg1 by adrianmunozm, on Flickr

15522825357_507859b861_h.jpg2 by adrianmunozm, on Flickr

15522129929_7f61b9ca37_h.jpg3 by adrianmunozm, on Flickr

15523156970_b53fd30368_h.jpg5 by adrianmunozm, on Flickr

15522126439_c514e72040_h.jpg4 by adrianmunozm, on Flickr

15709562532_6821f8c924_h.jpg6 by adrianmunozm, on Flickr

15088031054_2924e7064e_h.jpg8 by adrianmunozm, on Flickr

Adrian

• Like 22

Nice Ju 88, the mottled camo looks great. Done mine nearly 15 years ago, had some fit problems but the decals went on well, they are bleaching out right now. Your self mede decals are great too.

You have really captured the purposeful and deadly air of the Ju 88 nightfighter! Superb work.

The Schräge Musik guns look a tiny bit out of true adjustment… ;-)

All in all, I think that you must have convinced Her, and then some.

Kind regards,

Joachim

Lovely build and love the camo - for someone who has never done mottling before, it's excellent. Out of interest, can you give us some more info about how you did the mottling? Did you do it freehand or was there any sort of masking/stencilling involved? I'd love to do one of these myself so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your kind words Gents.

Regarding the mottling...

Telbot1999 and RMCS :

Superb 88, Motteling brilliant and weathering just right...how did you do the mottelling?

Out of interest, can you give us some more info about how you did the mottling? Did you do it freehand or was there any sort of masking/stencilling involved? I'd love to do one of these myself so any tips would be greatly appreciated.

The mottling was done freehand, it was my first attempt so I tried

different nozzles and needles, different paint consistency and different painting techniques on different areas of the model.

You can clearly see it in the pictures.

The last section that i did was the rear fuselage, you can see a very well defined mottling (Is what I think look best)

To achieve that I followed some advice from an Australian modeller:

Having the base colour applied, find the needle/nozzle/consistency you are happy with.

Start the mottling keeping the paint coming, no stopping between one spot and another (if you stop the airbrush will block)

the result will be a very messy mottling (try to do as much of the mottling as you can in one go)

Next using the finest needle/nozzle you got apply the base colour around the mottling and make it as defined as you want it.

It worked well for me.

I hope it works well for you too.

Regards

Adrian

• Like 1

WOW....that looks stunning...i love it....and looks real cool.

ps one minor thing...not big deal...but patch that right spinner...it got a finger print on it :/ ...the third pic...or is it dirt only....

if so, then it is easy peasy to fix with your skills.

all is perfectly ballanced, i like it.....

Edited by Mal_Belford