Airfix TSR2

stevej60

Wonderful job Steve

I must admit every time I have been to Duxford I seem to spend a lot of time keeping the TSR2 company !

Cheers Pat

Thanks Pat, not an aircraft I had given much thought to I think it was a last purchase before my lms closed(now thankfully re-opened) but since I started it

and looked at videos of it etc I realise what a superb aircraft she was.

Edited by stevej60

Well what a quick build, and a very good one as well, I sort of read the start of this about a fortnight ago, been away, just got home on Friday and it's finished, Spectacular.

Thanks Greame,just the cockpit glazing to go which I am posing open and is causing a bit of a pain but should be there after the weekend.

• 4 weeks later...

Steve how did you get on with the fin and tailplanes? I'm just assembling mine now and the peg and ring OOB seems wobbly?

Also, really enjoyed (??!!) the video posted by Woody here http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234971485-tsr2-the-untold-story-on-youtube/?p=1805113

Steve how did you get on with the fin and tailplanes? I'm just assembling mine now and the peg and ring OOB seems wobbly?

Also, really enjoyed (??!!) the video posted by Woody here http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234971485-tsr2-the-untold-story-on-youtube/?p=1805113

Hi, I glued them in place ,as you have found they were a poor fit and wobbly, the canopies were driving me mad as I twice took them back off

as I was,nt happy so she,s on the shelf of doom at the moment.

Edited by stevej60

Hi, I glued them in place ,as you have found they were a poor fit and wobbly, the canopies were driving me mad as I twice took them back off

as I was,nt happy so she,s on the shelf of doom at the moment.

Thanks Steve. Now that's a bit scary... I shall check my canopies and cross my fingers.