Macchi C.202, Hasegawa in 1/48 scale

Hi, here are some pictures from my Macci C.202,i have done this kit some years back, my models sit on shelfs, that means, they face a lot of dust during their"service live"

From time to time they were refurbished and get some updates, i cleaned the clear parts, after that, they got a bath in clear, a new antenna wire was added.The weathering was kept at minimum.

It is a typical Hasegawa kit, very nice, easy to build but somewhat expensive. These aircrafts are very special, Mario Castoldi constructed them asymetric with one smaller wing to overcome the propeller torque.202bild1_zpscee97b25.jpg?t=1415033659202i_zps94f55864.jpg?t=1415033828202h_zps0319b5a3.jpg?t=1415033808202g_zpsc0f2cffe.jpg?t=1415033788202f_zpsb805c194.jpg?t=1415033764202e_zpsb7151ab6.jpg?t=1415033747202d_zpsbf87aa6a.jpg?t=1415033728202c_zps432ab7d9.jpg?t=1415033709202b_zps6c0e5ca0.jpg?t=1415033695202a_zpse08075be.jpg?t=1415033678

My modelling is nothing special, i hope you like it anyway.

Cheers

Bernd

• Like 14

Thank you for your kind comments and likes/views, i really appreciate this.

The camoflage was sprayed freehand with my Badger 150, after the green dots were on, i sprayed the tan colour around the dots to minimise the feathering effect.

The next italian bird will have those smoke rings.

Best Wishes

Bernd

Thanks again for your comments,views and likes, i guess its time for me to do a kit online, here on Britmodeller. It will be Eduards Fw 190 A-8 /A-8 R2 in 1/48 scale. This will be a very interesting experience to build both kits side by side and interesting how it goes to do a build here, i hope it will get some interest.

Cheers

Bernd

• Like 1

Very nice work, Bernd!

Interesting subject, camo and subtle weathering. Did you use the "salt technique" for the chipping at the propeller blades? And where did you get the clear for the bath of the canopy? Very difficult to find Klear/Pledge/Future in Germany. Currently I use Emsal and Tamiya acrylic gloss, but perhaps I could find a better clearcoat.

Best regards,

Mario

• Like 1

Very nice work, Bernd!

Interesting subject, camo and subtle weathering. Did you use the "salt technique" for the chipping at the propeller blades? And where did you get the clear for the bath of the canopy? Very difficult to find Klear/Pledge/Future in Germany. Currently I use Emsal and Tamiya acrylic gloss, but perhaps I could find a better clearcoat.

Best regards,

Mario

Hi Mario, thank you very much for your kind comment. The propeller was simply drybrushed with aluminium, for this i am using older "veteran" brushes.

The clear i use is called "Erdal Glänzer" can be found by Edeka or Rossmann. This can be sprayed with an airbrush without any thinner. The airbrush can be cleaned with window cleaner or water. Don t take bath cleaner this won t work too good, believe me.....

amazing model ! what a fantastic paint job !

great work.

olivier

Thank you very much, Olivier. spraying freehand with my trusty Badger 150 is my favorite paint job, this won t work with the so called "smoke rings" i guess