TF-104G Starfighter

Ian

Kit - Hasegawa 1:48

Paint - All Xtracolour enamels.

Decals - HaHen

Extras - True Details resin seats, Eduard etch Zoom set.

TF-104G Starfighter

Marineflieger 2

Eggebeck AB, 1986

1b55a079-37bd-41f7-9b53-e274b6db5b62_zps

3a89eef8-cbce-43f3-8df0-8646d857c2d5_zps

03dbb081-4338-40fc-af5d-0c974567678e_zps

b_zpsed22bb50.jpg

098be7ac-b45e-4a13-913e-59f5291101f4_zps

d50aa0ee-62ff-469c-80b2-c0396e52b122_zps

a18612ae-0b67-4414-98d7-0cba27a61419_zps

For some reason (almost certainly 'operator error') the photos are just awful for this one. I'll try and take better ones later in the week. Started this back in January and finished in the middle of last week, ready for the 'Armistice' show here next weekend. I'm guessing that the weather here will be a little less 'inclement' than you'll be experiencing in Telford at the same time.

I highly recommend trying HaHen decals if you've never used them before. He specializes in post-war German stuff and they are very, very good - be aware they are on a single sheet of carrier film, so you'll need to cut each and every item. The True Details GQ7 seats are amongst the best resin seats I've ever used, and again highly recommended.

As ever thanks for taking the time to look and/or comment. Happy to take all questions, criticism and comments.

AFN

Ian

Edited by Ian
  • Like 18

Lovely job mate, always preferred the two holer version, I've got this one in the stash too, with everything bar the kitchen sink to chuck at it, (best thing I got though was the DACO replacement sets and decal pack...wonderful).

Love the old Luftwaffle scheme, especially those dayglo tanks...great stuff.

• Like 1

Hi Ian,

Lovely model of a Sharp plane. Always had a soft Spot for the Starfighter.

Can you tell me which colors you used and where to get the decals from you mentioned?

Have this kit too and would like to build it as a Marineflieger witth this paint scheme too.

Well done mate.

Cheers,

Michael

Really beautiful model!

It's good to hear about the HaHen decals because I have the same kit and the same decals in my stash! I hope I can achieve similar result...

You did a lovely job on the '104. Good to hear the Hahen decals worked out fine. My experience with them were that they were very sensitive to silvering.

I can only agree with MDman's thoughts regarding the decals, as I had similar problems with those decals, so didn't use them in the end. Daco decals are the way to go for a German F-104, as they're excellent, as is your TF-104 model: Did I mention that the F-104 is my favourite airplane bar none ? :goodjob::poppy:

Thanks for comments everyone really appreciate them.

Taking some 'down time' from the bench for a couple of weeks as the run-in to Christmas is the busiest time of year at work (I'm a courier for a freight hauling company here in New Plymouth), As this is my first Christmas, I want to give them 'full availability' so they don't have an excuse to lay me off in the New Year !!. I'll still be around, just not turning-out anything new just now.

Thanks again all.

Ian

• Like 1

Hello Ian,

The Widowmaker from the " Bundesmarine"

Nice color scheme with the orange trimming.

Looking forward to your next batch of pics.

Well done.

Regards,

Dirk