Fairey Fulmar 1/72 Revell

I completed this last week however I have only just got around to doing some photographs

The model is a OOB Revell 1/72 Fairey Fulmar. This is only the 2nd aircraft I have completed so any comments, tips or pointers would be appreciated!

The first model I made was of a Fairey Battle. It got me hooked on Faireys, and already I have quite a decent stash of kits for the future.

imagejpg8_zps72b21727.jpg

imagejpg13_zps601bb02e.jpg

imagejpg15_zpse7615c59.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Like 18

Nice clean work. To enhance it, I would replace the tip lights with clear sprue next time. I f you haven't seen it done it before; Carve out the section, paint the wing behind in the appropriate colour. Square off a section of surplus sprue and superglue it to the wing. Sand away with finer grits until it matches the wing section. finish by polishing. If you don't have any polishing compound, toothpaste works. If you really want to get fancy, drill a hole in the backside of the sprue and fill it with the appropriate paint colour. Hurricanes benefit from this treatment as well, because the clear tip fairings are so big.

• Like 1

Congratulations Dag, it looks the biz, nice neat paint job. However, the decals need some Klear under them to reduce the silvering, especially on a matt finish. A bottle of Johnsons Klear floor polish from the supermarket. I apply some to the area where the decal is to go, lay the decal over this then roll out the excess witha damp cotton bud. Clean up the excess with the cotton bud, job done and no need to paint the whole model with it.

Colin

• Like 2

Congratulations Dag, it looks the biz, nice neat paint job. However, the decals need some Klear under them to reduce the silvering, especially on a matt finish. A bottle of Johnsons Klear floor polish from the supermarket. I apply some to the area where the decal is to go, lay the decal over this then roll out the excess witha damp cotton bud. Clean up the excess with the cotton bud, job done and no need to paint the whole model with it.

Colin

Wot Colin said, though I dilute the Klear 50% with water, gives a bit more working time & doesn't grab the decals as quick, works just the same though. Nice tidy Fulmar too by the way, Its been around a while this kit but still makes up nicely in competent hands as you've shown. :thumbsup:

Steve

• Like 1