BF 110 D 3U+LT W.Nr. 3406, 9./ZG 26, Palermo, Sicily, 1941

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Friends
A small update, but first I apologize for forgetting to take pictures related to the glossy cote and decals.
I started washing the panels of lower surfaces with a MIG product for RLM76.

A_39_Lavaggioinferiore.jpg

A_40_Pulizialavaggio.jpg

A_41_Lavaggioinferiorecompletato.jpg

For upper surfaces, than, I did a selective washing using an AK product called “engine grime” brown and then a wash sand using another MIG called “Pacific dust” (for US planes in the Pacific ocean) in walkway zone

A_42_Lavaggiosuperiore.jpg

Ettore

• Like 4

Hi Ettore,

The 110 is looking brilliant :) ..... thanks for the insight into the techniques you use...these are things I need to try to improve my modelling skills.

Rob.

Will not be a problem Bob
In pass years I learned from my father that at first trouble modeling you must to stop ! And start the next day and then you should never be in a hurry to finish

Ettore

Hello people
I apologize for my absence, but work and other problems haunt me
However last weekend and Monday I had a demonstration of modeling in my town, three days of full immersion, very nice!
Among friends of the club we set up a stand of our club, some pictures are in my facebook profile (find Ettore Giordano if you want)
I showed people how to make and paint kit, result: I finished my BF 110 for GB
soon I'll show you the photos.

see you soon

Ettore

• Like 1

Here they are !! Max

After other washing on walkway and some little oil blotches

A_43_Lavaggicamminamenti.jpg

A_44_piccolesporcature.jpg

I arrived at end !

A_45_Finito.jpg

A_47_Finito3.jpg

A_52_Finito8.jpg

A_48_Finito4.jpg

A_49_Finito5.jpg

Actually there are still small details to do: extended carriage indicator on rear nacelles engines, RLM 02 on the edges of the canopy and leather handle to open the canopy on top ...............

then I will make base
However, we can consider it done.

Take a nice weekend

Ettore

• Like 8

Oh Thanks Max

Coming from you that are a real passionate about this aircraft makes me even more pleasure.

Ettore

I'm actually a little sad to see this one finished as I've been enjoying following Ettore's build and seeing the techniques used.

Thanks for taking the time to show us your methods and congratulations on such a superb build.

Duncan B

Thanks to all guys !

- Normally my techniques are always the same, I do not improve or risk little, maybe I should, but I'm afraid of ruining a kit; I must say that with these new products and MIG AK everything is easy, try them!

- For Vppelt68 . Ok, I'll do, I promise !

Ettore

• 3 weeks later...

Goodmornig Dear Mish and Happy New Year to all

The base :

I used a classical wooden base; I carved the surface in a random order to allow a good grip on the white glue.
While the glue was drying I dropped the grass, before drying, with an electrostatic field generator that I built, I made sure that the synthetic grass to get up straight. Then I put more glue to the center, and with the soil for rail dioramas I realized the ground; in the end I glued small stones, tufts of grass and grass yellow / green accessories rail .......... oops! I forgot that I airbrushed color sand, in large patches over the soil.
Note: the electrostatic generator was built with a racket to kill mosquitoes ........... then I will make a photo and I'll show you.

have a nice day

Ettore