BF 110 D 3U+LT W.Nr. 3406, 9./ZG 26, Palermo, Sicily, 1941

I use Gunze colors with their thinner, after a few minutes I smooth the surface with a microfiber cloth to remove dust and the surface is as smooth as

the skin of a baby .......... or if you want a nice woman :bouncy:, possibly not rebuilt !!!

Ettore

• Like 2

no envy, if I envy the other works I should have an ulcer :D :D :D

it just takes a lot of patience (years), wrong models and make millions of tests on older kits unsuccessful

Another little step: I pulverized RLM 75, always Gunze; look the white primer as it comes out

so I just have cleared the panels

29_RLM75polverizzato2.jpg

Total upper surface

28_RLM75polverizzato.jpg

Its all for now !

Ettore

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 4

Ok vppelt68, nothing problem !

Can you pay with Rapala lures?? ah ah ah ha ha ha :-)

Yes I'm a fisherman also, only spinning and casting, river, lake and sea...........

byeeeeeeeee

Ettore

Rapala and Kuusamo lures fit nicely in the same parcel as a Bf 110 fuselage and wings :-) My late father was and my son is growing up to be a fisherman. But as modellers, not collectors, no matter how fine or not so fine our paint jobs are the most important thing is the knowledge that it´s all done by myself. Yours is one of the finest. V-P

Edited by vppelt68
  • Like 1

the next step will be RLM 74, but I'll show you a dirty effect of the air flow on the lower surfaces of propellers; the field Boccadifalco (Palermo) was sand and earth, the grass was only green in spring and in summer burned from mediterranean sun, but these aircraft were in Sicily in the winter and the ground was mostly stony and sandy

The same effect will be reproduced on the upper surfaces of the wings and on the walkways

27_ocraesmokesubordodentrata.jpg

Here the RLM 74

32_RLM74esporcature3.jpg

31_RLM74esporcature2.jpg

30_RLM74esporcature.jpg

the dirty effects are ocher, smoke and dry sand; might be too heavy but then with the gloss, matt and other washes should fade....................I hope :weep:

Ettore

• Like 6

Very nice work so far Ettore. My favourite Bf110 kit and my favourite brand of paints being used by a true expert.

I am very fond of Trapani having spent many an evening drinking beer at the Bar with the palm tree growing up through the middle of it in my distant past!

Duncan B

WoW Duncan B Thanks !

I was born in Palermo, have you never visit ???

Ettore

I only ever passed through on my way to Trapani. Back in the 1990's I worked on survey ships working on the gas pipelines that run from Tunisia to Sicily and over to the mainland. We were based in Trapani and Messina, very happy times and a nice place to spend the winter when Scotland was frozen over.

Duncan B

Last weekend only little colors touches

Fuselage white band

33_Dettaglidicolore.jpg

Bay dinghy

34_Poppinodicoda.jpg

Pigments on exhaust

36_Pigmentipergliscarichi.jpg

washing and other details

37_Lavaggiodeicarrelli.jpg

38_Particolari.jpg

Ettore

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 4

Interesting to see how you work Ettore, you obviously didn't mask the lighter areas before spraying your base coats? I've always found that yellow especially doesn't take well on a darker colour so I'm surprised yours looks so good!

Max

The goal of the forums is precisely to confront techniques, unfortunately not always !
When I airbrushed the RLM 75 I made sure not to act on the nose ( look my post of 13 November 2014 05:27 AM), so the yellow at the end was airbrushed over RLM 76.
But on tail I airbrushed on RLM 75, I got lucky. Instead the propellers (RLM 70) I used the brush for the yellow.

Ettore

Edited by Ettore
  • Like 1