V-P:s Bf 110E, 1.(ZG)/JG 77 LN+LR *finished*

Looking good V-P, how is the fit of the lower half of the engine nacelles to the wing part.....I don't know whether to fettle mine to achieve a uniform profile between the two parts or leave it, as once painted it is not noticable. Yours look like a good fit from what I can see.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of the camo being applied.

Rob.

Edited by bobster

Thanks for the comments Rob! About the nacelles, I did nothing special for the fit there. Now that you´ve mentioned that, I may need to take a closer look at it in my previous pictures.

(checking post #13...).

Oh I see that it´s not that good :weep: but... I don´t care! Regards, V-P

Edited by vppelt68

Good progress V-P; nice work :coolio: ... agree with you about the Graugrün by the way, I had always assumed that mixed colours were named with the dominant colour first, in which case it would surely be Grüngrau? Still, perhaps there is a different convention for naming colours in Germany... :huh: ... or perhaps the RLM just being contrary to upset future modellers -_-

Are you doing the mottle by brush?

Cheers,

Stew

Thanks again, Stew. Last night I started masking the splinter camo at 21:50. At 22:39 I took this photo:

WP_20141120_22_39_49_Pro_zpsd5646508.jpg

Those small loosy patches of tape were placed to remind me on which side of the mask to paint, and on which side not! At 23:00 it was time for another picture:

WP_20141120_23_00_08_Pro_zps24ec4b7e.jpg

Hmmm... The paint seemed to dry very quickly, so... At 23:10 time for yet another picture!

WP_20141120_23_10_05_Pro_zpsbe40f369.jpg

If I´d tell this was painted 65/02/71 I guess nobody would object. Maybe just lighting and camera settings... But this is the Humbrol version of RLM three greys dayfighter scheme 74/75/76 - blue, grey and green!

The mottling will take care of the minor paint seepage and some other bad spots there are.

Here´s also a picture of her belly, looking very pale without yellow theater markings that are to be applied soon.

WP_20141120_23_11_03_Pro_zpsf079c9b3.jpg

So, next some detail painting and the Yellows. Then canopy frames and the mottling... all freehand by brush. Wish me luck! Regards, V-P

• Like 2

I have the wing tips and the small patch under fuselage unpainted, waiting for a layer of Hu154. That´s a bit richer than Hu24 and covers better. Then I paint the second layer with Hu24. That´s what I did first by accident with a Bf 109 and found out it works surprisingly well! For some reason AZ Model instructs to paint Luftwaffe 109:s with Hu24 and Finnish ones with Hu154. Then I got mixed up with which colour I used, and... :mental:

Skill? I once saw a powerdrill that was named Skil. Should I use that in painting model kits too? I rather depend on luck. The Airfix Bf110 spare canopy/clear parts sprue costs 3£ ordered from their customer care and sent to Finland. Want to know why and how I know that :coolio: ? Regards, V-P

• Like 1

Skill? I once saw a powerdrill that was named Skil. Should I use that in painting model kits too? I rather depend on luck. The Airfix Bf110 spare canopy/clear parts sprue costs 3£ ordered from their customer care and sent to Finland. Want to know why and how I know that :coolio: ? Regards, V-P

I've had kits I think would have benefitted from a brief introduction to a power drill :mg:

Hmm, not sure how you came about the information as to how much the canopy replacement cost... insurance, maybe? Pessimistic foresight? Surely not... necessity? :undecided:

In any case, press on V-P, it's looking good ^_^

Cheers,

Stew

• 2 months later...

My Airfix Bf 110E is now built and painted, and even pictured, tomorrow morning I shall add Humbrol Clear and once it's dried I'll add some decals and call it done. That's what I hope will happen . V-P

EDIT: added the pics too

WP_20150131_005_zps776dfc09.jpg

WP_20150131_003_zpsd1b184be.jpg

She´s not a pretty one, nor will be, but I´m glad if I finish her.

Edit 2: Clear applied. Decals tomorrow!

Edited by vppelt68