++ Complete ++ Eduard 1/48 Bf110 G4 Schnaufer's 3C+BA

So I'm assuming the undercarriage on my 1:72 version will be wrong?

I don't know the kit Mish, if they look like the ones in Rich's post above, ie quite narrow with a large wheel centre, then Yes they're wrong, but if they look like the Brassin ones in my post above then they're right!

Max

I'll check when I get back to the bench tomorrow. But I'm sure Eduard just scaled down the kit.

Julien reviewed the kit back in February Mish. From the sprue shots it appears they give you a choice of wheels - make sure you choose the right ones!

Max

• 3 weeks later...

ok after what seems to be forever I'm back to this.....

Now the rush is on to finish this on time, see some long nights ahead.

First up the wheels arrived while I was away, plus lots and lots of other tasty packages!!! Gee they are different, a quick paint job and with a little more work and they done!

DSCF2127_zpsxtsjxqwm.jpg

Decaling time..... In had a few concerns about these Peddinghaus decals as I have read they can be a bit difficult and fragile to work with plus the decal carried sheet is just that, no nice individual decals here! Well I had no problems with the decals at all they went on easily and needed just a touch of setting/softening solution to get them to conform. Put they are actually quite tuff as I found out as I had to remove a couple!

Ok because they are not individual decals you have to cut them out individually which is not too hard but it does leave a hard sharp edge which is quite noticeable once it’s in place, even after a coat of clear. I cannot confirm their accuracy as there are not good actual photos of this aircraft, plus some of the decal positions do not seem to line up with similar markings on other aircraft, plus there are a couple of quite obvious position errors as well! So I used various other aircraft as reference for the position of some of these decals, plus some from the Eduard set as well.

Next after setting overnight, a couple of coats of clear to protect the finish, then on to the weathering and panel-line work. I just can’t find a look I’m happy with so they have been removed and added a couple of times. I’m going to give up on this as I am wasting time!

DSCF2121_zpswyu45izp.jpgDSCF2123_zpssbh94epj.jpgDSCF2125_zpsjqkzfqp1.jpgDSCF2126_zpsbk7t4djq.jpg

Everything is just about completed on all the small bits and now just need fitting, the canopy of cause is giving me a bit of grief!

I’ll be glad to see this one finished as it has been a lot harder than it looks........need to move on to something a bit simpler.........yeah right!

• Like 4

Worth every bit of time you have given it as an Eduard 1/48 110 maes you fight for a good result and you have won hands down .

Recon something like the Airfix 1/24 Typhoon would be something simpler to move on to :)

Alistair

The Eduard kit is flawed, but then as I've found out, so is the Dragon/Cyberhobby! I remain of the opinion that the most satisfying 1/48th Bf110 to build is the ancient Monogram/Revell one despite it's inaccurate nacelles etc.

You're making an excellent job of a difficult kit, stick in there buddy! :)

Max

ok I'm calling this one.

After what seems forever it's finally completed and the last few days were no easier than the rest. I've lost count of the number of times I've knocked some bits off and the lower antenna array has been bent sooooo many times.

But she's done, not as easy as I would have expected. The Eduard model is a bit of a challenge and again not what I would have expected, though I have read other peoples frustration with the model so expected some issues.

The hardest part of the build was the real lack of info one this particular aircraft, which made it all the more harder to build accurately (probably a bit of artistic license on some parts). A big thanks to Max for his help and advice.

Lastly this model is dedicated to my Dad who passed away late last year......thanks for getting me into models and having the aircraft bug.

enjoy, photos in the gallery and RFI sections.

DSCF2128_zpsz0guq2my.jpg

DSCF2134_zps90axteme.jpg

DSCF2137_zpsp7q6woko.jpg

that reddish/pink section is just a lighting issue.

• Like 2

Well done Rich, she looks really super! That top shot especially is very convincing. Well done for mastering a far from easy kit.

Max

PS excellent photographs in the Gallery! 😄