1/48 - SOKO G-4 Super Galeb resin kit by Aeropoxy - released

Homebee

57 minutes ago, Murmillo said:

Good. Try ti find adequate bang seats in resin. MB Mk10

thanks, no stress here

first I need to see the rest ;)

look like Mirage 2000 seats... - Aires, Renaissance flight, Wolfpak-d, Pavla,   etc...

http://imgproc.airliners.net/photos/airliners/0/8/5/2163580.jpg?v=v40

image.file.php?object=product-photo&id=1

rf48007.jpg

wp48151-2.jpg

S48042_1.jpg

On 28.12.2017 at 1:58 PM, vesthepes said:

Just got mine. Looks very nice, no bubbles etc..., quality decals, tons of G4 pdf material on a CD, masks...

not much to add here!

but as I already took the photos...

20180104_160011_1

fit looks good, parts are symmetrical :)

20180104_155841_1

and as we were talking seats before:

20180104_155655_120180104_155627_1

they do not even look that bad!

some straps, and mabe the glass breaking "horns" and with a closed canopy you are good to go!

speacking of the canopy, it is vacform of course, but with a, at least for me, new innovative way of depicting the frame: with the green, pre-cut self adhesive foil! looking forward to to try this out! hopefully better than poorly de-marked vacform frames!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Any one trying to offer a kit of a non mainstream subject, deserves all of my respect. Now that I'm somehow involved into the resin kits productions, thanks to my friend Juan Begines, I know all the hard work and effort behind it. 

Despite some ungrateful comments from some ungrateful people, I find it quite comforting...after all, we're modellers, and try to develop new kits with modellers in mind...

You can criticize poor fittings, you can criticize tiny bubbles, you can criticize whatever you want, but it's not fair at all to criticize the work and effort behind it, and as already said, "you're not forced to buy it"...If that's not your piece of cake, please, walk away and keep from throwing bad comments towards someone elses's work...If you knoiw how to do it better, just do it.

Cheers....

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Artie said:

Any one trying to offer a kit of a non mainstream subject, deserves all of my respect. Now that I'm somehow involved into the resin kits productions, thanks to my friend Juan Begines, I know all the hard work and effort behind it. 

Despite some ungrateful comments from some ungrateful people, I find it quite comforting...after all, we're modellers, and try to develop new kits with modellers in mind...

You can criticize poor fittings, you can criticize tiny bubbles, you can criticize whatever you want, but it's not fair at all to criticize the work and effort behind it, and as already said, "you're not forced to buy it"...If that's not your piece of cake, please, walk away and keep from throwing bad comments towards someone elses's work...If you knoiw how to do it better, just do it.

Cheers....

It is an absolutely nice kit! Unfortunately I did not start it yet...

Not an ejection plastic kit, so needs some different approach when building it!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Not an ejection plastic kit, so needs some different approach when building it!!

I've been building scale models for 39 years now, and must admit that the one of the best kits I've ever built was the Rest Models' Polikarpov I-15 Chato. An absolute gem of a kit, with much better fittings than lots of mainstream, injected plastic kits. 

Of course a resin kit needs different approaching, but on the other hand, you usually get a weird, bizarre subject...Now, I'm working with the SNCASO SO-8000 Narval (Scratchaeronautics), and despite some difficult building process, I'm enjoying it a lot...

The Soko G-4 is not my piece of cake, but just because I don't like modern jets, but looks quite nice. Hats off to anyone venturing in that challenge of offering such kits....

Cheers...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, exdraken said:

I built the C-101 in PA colors....

I'm trying to persuade Juan to make me a custom set of decals for the first prototype, with rounded nose.....A friend of us, a very good local modeller called Angel Expósito is desperate to build the fourth prototype, as seen in Farnborough, with the "swedish like" camo scheme...

And regarding Aeropoxy resin kits, I've got a few "oldies" that keep calling me from the stash.....An Ikarus IK-2 and a Rogozarsky IK-3. Not up to today's standards, but still not offered by anyother brand, so the only game in town if you wish to build those bizarre yugoslav fighters....moulded in a funny "Smurf Blue" resin, they're a challenge to build, but after all, if I'd liked another FW190, there are plenty of them out there to choose from

Cheers

Edited by Artie
  • Like 1

I guess somehow we are hijacking this thread here...

Sorry!

Actually former Yugoslab aircraft are quite onteresting,.many could and did use british ordnance for example!

Aeropoxy G4 Super Galeb , assembled by friend, Nikola a.k.a." MIHA" , from "Red Storm " resin ,

pF2Vnfz.jpg

0FOtwjS.jpg

KGhMMz6.jpg

jwdHNky.jpg

1n0bi1O.jpg

uQMMxpR.jpg

And with Red Stars display team one, Airfix HAWK converted to Super Galeb by Nikola,

OwfKZmB.jpg

And accompanied by Red Storm 1/48 scale  ORAO , OOP resin kit.

PGCkCjf.jpg

• Like 4

• 7 months later...

Another Aeropoxy G4 Super Galeb , built by  Nikola a.k.a." MIHA" , from "Red Storm " resin , this time the one of prototypes, Revell white topsides, HU 230+bit of white, and Revell RED undersides ,23005 / 005 serials laser printed on clear decal paper, glossy finish.

20181128-171849.jpg

20181128-171929.jpg

20181128-171917.jpg

20181128-171936.jpg

20181128-172008.jpg

20181128-172025.jpg

• Like 4

• 8 months later...
On 08/12/2017 at 10:56, Supercuber said:

After four years of work, with multiple announcements and delays , Soko G-4 Super Galeb , 1/48 scale resin kit by AEROPOXY is finally ready. First kits will be presented at Belgrade model Show, "10th. New Year's Cup", december 16.-17. at Belgrade Aviation Museum. Hope it's well worth waiting for and kit will satisfy  mr. Poloticni Komisar  too.

aeropoxy-super-galeb-48_promo.jpg?w=1024

Hi, folks!

Will someone ever release decals for this Montenegro Super Galeb? 🙏🙏🙏

spacer.png

Source: Tango Six (https://tangosix.rs/2016/25/02/poslednja-vest-crna-gora-prodaje-sve-avione-svog-vojnog-vazduhoplovstva-dugorocno-ulaze-u-helikoptere/

Cheers!

Miguel

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 19/08/2019 at 12:44, Mihajlo said:

Hi, folks!

Will someone ever release decals for this Montenegro Super Galeb? 🙏🙏🙏

spacer.png

Source: Tango Six (https://tangosix.rs/2016/25/02/poslednja-vest-crna-gora-prodaje-sve-avione-svog-vojnog-vazduhoplovstva-dugorocno-ulaze-u-helikoptere/

Cheers!

Miguel

I already have my Super Galeb!!! 😀😀😀 I hope to start building soon... Many thanks, Nenad!

• Thanks 1