Bae Hawk T Mk1 1/48... almost done :)

Hello again alongside with my spitfire I have sterted this one.

I bought this model on Airfix web site on discount price for 7.99.I already made one of this but as a red arrow now its time for machine from 19 squadron RAF.

the plan is to make it in flight position on a wooden base and on top of a clear plastic rod. I also want to buy a RAF patch to put on that base. Any ideas wich will be correct?

For now I have make the interior and first time in my modelling carier I have done a pilots :)

take a look on what I have done so far

20141030_165153_zpsvnt8rez9.jpg

20141030_070109_zpsbsjkz3yd.jpg

20141030_070010_zpsa3yjlcw2.jpg

20141030_065835_zpsuvt4ygla.jpg

20141030_065721_zpstck2k212.jpg

20141030_065254_zpskrwqljtx.jpg

20141030_065559_zpsmt72kd5w.jpg

tis is all for now.This build woll be straight OBB.airfix did not supply decals for the dials so I have used my spares,seats don't have seatbelts because pilots will be on it :)

Regards

Pawel

Edited by sdk_uk
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all.

I have complete my Spitfire so I can now back to my Hawk :)

The airframe has been complete.Some filling and sanding was need to be done. Air intakes fitting was terreble but I think It's common problem in Airfix kit.

I'am ready for priming now after that will be time to do some rework ( if required).

Thanks for looking

20141129_123736_zpsbgrr4e9o.jpg

20141129_123758_zpsfsnwd3z4.jpg

• Like 1

Nice detail in that cockpit. Shouldn't worry about the colour of the pilots. They are well done, and who's to say they just didn't happen to be in the area after flying a red arrow and were asked to do a quick airtest on the hawk you are currently building.

Nice detail in that cockpit. Shouldn't worry about the colour of the pilots. They are well done, and who's to say they just didn't happen to be in the area after flying a red arrow and were asked to do a quick airtest on the hawk you are currently building.

This is good story for covering my little mistake :)

Hello!

As we have sunday so I have push forward my hawk build.

I have put coat of primer and it looks ok.

the pit is ready for closing.Now i have to polish the canopy. I have tamiya polishing compound for that.

I have already add lights on the tip of the wings. I remember from my previous build that the fitting was poor. Some filler was required. What colour those lights should have?

Left side blue and right side red?

2014-11-30%2014.25.54_zpsbeeanntm.jpg

2014-11-30%2014.25.34_zpsjomslwm2.jpg

2014-11-30%2014.24.43_zpshmighzqk.jpg

A small update.

I have clean and prepare surface for painting. Than i have put 3 thin coats of humbrol gloss black 21.

I am happy with the result but I need to re spray few places. I dont know why but the paint won't stick in some areas.

I have mask and glued canopy in place.

I love to do that :) fitting was ok but some valejjo filler was required.

Here gow it looks like before painting

20141203_082843_zpsxxia4qxu.jpg

Regards

• Like 2

nice progress!

Thank you I have some time to do it finally :)

I have done paint job and I'm not quite happy.

First time I used gloss paint. I suppose to sand the paint coat before applying gloss but i didn't and now i have a porosity. I Have done a small pin wash in some panels and after that I had a problem to wipe wash off (porosity) and had to do small touch up with a paint brush. I put on that coat of clear. Now I'm ready for decals

20141207_212837_zpsaiz8quzw.jpg

Edited by sdk_uk
  • Like 2

Nice looking hawk! keep up the good work!

Thanks for the instruction. I never known wich side is wich :)

Just think of it as a nearly empty glass of plonk - 'There is a little red port left' obviously doesnt work for green starboard right! and you do it from the pilots seat looking forward.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hell again after a while i have found some time for work.

The decaling process is complete. Micro set and sol was very helpfull but decals provide in the kit was't bad.

Now i have start doing wheel and wheel whell covers.

first i paint the wheel hubs and legs on grey and the covers on black ( in the instruction there is black on the one side and grey on the other) but i refeer to the oryginal pictures of a Hawk an i will paint it black both sides.

20141219_134219_zpsynemegpm.jpg

I hope that I will complete this model whith in this year.

Cheers

• Like 1

I was wondering where you'd got to! Good to see more progress.I'm hoping to get my two finished too! Just depends how much extra time I get over the holiday period.

Keep the updates coming!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

I was wondering where you'd got to! Good to see more progress.I'm hoping to get my two finished too! Just depends how much extra time I get over the holiday period.

Keep the updates coming!

Kind regards,

Stix

I was here all the time but I've been busy at work and I have two little kids that needs attention :)

The plan is to finnish tis kit this year and move on.

I hope you will finnish your pair as well

Cheers

Pawel

• Like 1