I see our Stew has given himself a busman's holiday by building a Gladiator. Looks fantastic, and the scheme I favor, too.

bob

The turncoat!! Though I see he has quite a good reason for building a Gladiator. The man's a machine...how does he do it, including rigging!?

Max

• Like 1

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but in my kit there was a rest of resin radios for the bf110 in 48th scale. These are way beyond my abilities to make look good, so I went the route of an etch set instead. So, if anyone needs a Quickboost set of radios in 48th scale for a Bf110, drop me a pm

• 2 weeks later...

Could one of you doing the CyberDragonWhatever 1/48 scan the instructions- just the cockpit assembly part- for me? I had found them online before, but tried last night and this morning with no joy. It isn't that important, but I got an Eduard PE meant for that kit, and it might help me make sense of the rather slight instructions.

Thanks,

bob

Just to spread things around a bit, I've signed up to a Nightfighter GB on the Flory Models site (fantastic site and well worth the subscription for Phil's videos alone) building this:

DSCN6775_zps62318ed9.jpg

Will I be able to resist starting until my two builds here are finished (probably not!).

Max

Can you make it a third in this classy club?

A couple of questions for the masses. I've got an Eduard PE set intended for Dragon, which I'm robbing from to tart up my Eduard a wee bit (seatbelts, maybe instrument panel). The instructions talk about a box called part #M4, and Max says there isn't a Sprue M (thanks Max). Could anyone tell me what that's supposed to be? (bottom center in the linked instruction sheet).

Also, I've been wondering about the rudder pedals. Eduard gives two styles, and I HAD concluded that the earlier "blocky" style is right for a D, while the "classic" (109 etc) shoe-shaped one is for later. But this PE set gives you the later style. Which should it be?

And finally, not really related to this set, does anyone have a link/copy of a photo showing the three instruments on the inboard cowl? Max had one of the engine removed where you can see them, but it isn't a "head on" shot. (and are they in the same "sequence" on each side? Heck, now that I think about it, I may have such a photo lurking in my computer, but that may have been a previous, and now departed, computer photo stash.

Thanks,

bob

Edited by gingerbob

Thanks again, Max. I'll have to see if I have some decals that can approximate those cowling instruments (maybe they're even on the kit sheet- haven't looked).

I'm going with the "early" type rudder pedals unless someone convinces me otherwise.

bob

• 2 weeks later...

Oh be still my beating heart! What some simply wonderful shots of this beautiful aeroplane, not to mention some unique references. I'm hoping to do some screen shots to add to my Bf110 library. Thank you so much for posting that link.

Max

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, despite cutting it so close, that video sold me. I'm in, assuming I'm eligible. I've got the Airfix 1/72 Bf110E/E2 Trop but I'm not going to build it as a Trop I don't think. Forsooth, construction shall begin this very day!

• Like 1

449_20_01_15_8_03_40_0.jpg

449_20_01_15_8_03_41_1.jpg

449_20_01_15_8_03_41_2.jpg

449_20_01_15_8_03_44_6.jpg

While not being a entry in this GB. I want to show you the result of motivation accumulated by participating and finally finish a true shelf queen from the cabinet of doom. Note decals wasn't yellow when applied in a distant past.

• Like 2

Waiting on my NT Cutter to arrive to try to mask my canopy again. I didn't do terribly on my first attempt ever, and my word, does the Bf-110 canopy have an infuriating number of panes in it, but I don't think it would've netted the results that I'm after. Supposed to arrive today, so maybe tomorrow I can update my thread where I've pulled all the lead weights out of the nose (LOL) and masked the canopy!

• Like 1

Maybe a good idea could be trying to mask the Il-28 canopies before the BF 110, just to get a feel of it. fewer cuts needed. On the other hand the Airfix canopy have relative thick frames. Only real pain is the small triangular shaped behind the top of the windshield.

If any of you are students of the Bf110, you will enjoy this new 52 page publication from Eagle Editions: Wings of the Black Cross Special No. 1. Written by Mark Proulx, who is a regular contributor on the Large Scale Planes forum and illustrated by Fernando Estanislau (who also illustrates John Vasco's books), it includes a host of previously unpublished photos and an invaluable page of common Bf110 codes which helps to de-mystify the baffling Luftwaffe scheme of Geschwaders, Gruppen, Staffeln etc.!

DSCN7081_zpsrggww0on.jpg

DSCN7082_zps8tau3vhd.jpg
DSCN7083_zpsecrofhjx.jpg
In the UK it's £18.95 plus £3.50 p&p from the Aviation and Military Book Centre, PO Box 10159, Coalville, LE67 1WB, also available in the States from Eagle Editions Ltd., PO Box 580, Hamilton MT 59840 for $23.95 plus p&p.
My copy arrived in the post this morning and has already proved its worth!
Max
  • Like 1

Nice, I will have to grab one! I finally got a copy of the Squadron "Bf-110s in Action" which answered a ton of questions I had and would've saved me some rather embarrassing questions from my WIP thread. :D No worries, though. Learning a lot about this aircraft and having a lot of fun.